If there was ever a must-win game this season, TCU is it

thebigabd

Reaction score
OU can't afford to lose to TCU and drop to 6-5 on the year. If that happens, you head into Stillwater with a risk of dropping to 6-6 in mid January, with a very winnable game against Kansas State following that.

TCU is coming off back to back ass kickings by Baylor and Kansas, barely beat Prairie View A&M, and only beat KSU by 7.

OU cannot lose this game.... At this point in the season, it's the game of the year.

OU can't afford to lose to TCU and drop to 6-5 on the year. If that happens, you head into Stillwater with a risk of dropping to 6-6 in mid January, with a very winnable game against Kansas State following that.

TCU is coming off back to back ass kickings by Baylor and Kansas, barely beat Prairie View A&M, and only beat KSU by 7.

OU cannot lose this game.... At this point in the season, it's the game of the year.

OU needs to get back on track and win both tonight and saturday

Totally agree. Of the 8 games with KSU, ISU, TCU, and OSU.....OU needs to go 7-1 against that group.....or 6-2 at worst. We already have a nice scalp over WV at home. I don't see this team beating Texas or Baylor unless one of those teams has an "off night". Thus, if the above results play out, we are 8-10 at worst in the league. And with a non-con win over a good Bama team in the Big/12 SEC challenge, we are easily in the NCAA tournament. This is how I see scenarios playing out:
  • 9-9 in conference (we are in regardless of Bama results)
  • 8-10 in conference (then the game against Bama becomes crucial)
  • 7-11 in conference (at this point, we had better have beaten Bama....and that still may not be enough)

The other aspect to this is that you can NOT lose to ISU or KSU this year. Even road losses to either of those two teams would constitute a bad loss in the NET rankings.

Hopefully covid protocols don't cost us a home game. If we only miss the same 2, a loss would really turn this season sour.

Given our history with KSU, it figures that we won’t be playing them now while their roster is severely depleted by Covid issues and injuries. They’ll likely be back to full strength when we play them. They aren’t a good team and we need to beat them, but I will never be confident in us winning in Manhattan. But I absolutely agree with everyone saying that we need to take care of business against the bottom three or four teams.

Hopefully covid protocols don't cost us a home game. If we only miss the same 2, a loss would really turn this season sour.

Losing to Kansas without Manek isn't that big a deal... Not expected to beat Kansas with Manek. But having Manek out against TCU, who you are supposed to beat, would be a shame... Turns what would have likely been a win into a loss.

Hopefully that doesn't happen.

I fully expect us to beat the whorns in Norman.

That should provide a nice boost to that conference record.

I fully expect us to beat the whorns in Norman.

That should provide a nice boost to that conference record.

I hope you're right. I think we are more likely to beat KU in Norman (and probably will) than Texas. But again, I didn't think win by 36 tonight either. This was an important win tonight. The team defense is trending to where it needs to be. Defense also travels which gives me hope in Stillwater and Lubbock.

Back