I'm glad coach capel is our coach!

FaithfulSooner

Reaction score
This year has just been a bad year. The truth of the matter is that this team hasn't met expectations and many of us have the right to be upset. Sometimes what looks so good on paper can be very bad on the court. This team as a whole just doesn't have good chemistry. I think we have factions on this team that keep it splintered. Believe it or not sometimes a team's factions can counter act anything a coach can do to fix them. We know Coach Capel is young, but I still think he knows exactly what he is doing. Even older coaches make mistakes. I do agree that next year starting with YO-YO in summer drills. I think Coach Capel needs to have Yo-Yo be as tough as he can on these guys. Instill in them the mindset that they are to have all year. Push them hard and take no attitude. Unfortunately there may be a couple of players that may need to be asked to leave the team. Meanwhile over work defensive skills and basics. Make sure these guys know what is expected of them. If you can't play defense then you can't play very much for OU. I really thing we will be fine offensively. And the last thing would be for Coach Capel to tighten the reigns so to speak. I think these things will make him an even better coach. I support our program and the Coach 100%. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

This year has just been a bad year. The truth of the matter is that this team hasn't met expectations and many of us have the right to be upset. Sometimes what looks so good on paper can be very bad on the court. This team as a whole just doesn't have good chemistry. I think we have factions on this team that keep it splintered. Believe it or not sometimes a team's factions can counter act anything a coach can do to fix them. We know Coach Capel is young, but I still think he knows exactly what he is doing. Even older coaches make mistakes. I do agree that next year starting with YO-YO in summer drills. I think Coach Capel needs to have Yo-Yo be as tough as he can on these guys. Instill in them the mindset that they are to have all year. Push them hard and take no attitude. Unfortunately there may be a couple of players that may need to be asked to leave the team. Meanwhile over work defensive skills and basics. Make sure these guys know what is expected of them. If you can't play defense then you can't play very much for OU. I really thing we will be fine offensively. And the last thing would be for Coach Capel to tighten the reigns so to speak. I think these things will make him an even better coach. I support our program and the Coach 100%. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Good post.

Well said, Faithful!

Nothing there I disagree with, except that we will be fine offensively. If Coach Capel does not sign a couple of impact bigs and (hopefully) a scoring guard or wing in April, OU will not be fine next season. The spring signing period is as critical as any our program has seen in the last four years.

Hopefully he can use this year as a learning experience. Obviously it's been a tough year for him--he's said it's been his most frustrating year as a coach. He's young and I'm sure every other coach in the country has been through similar seasons. I hope he's able to improve from this experience, and I'm sure he will!

I support OU basketball but I fear OU made a mistake. OU is not losing close games to good teams, OU is getting run off the court by average (or worse) teams. OSU is a tournament bubble team, they are not a good basketball team (there not horrible but not good). They would be above a 9 seed if the tournament started today or miss it. Baylor is about a 6 seed. Most of the other teams that drilled OU are not going to make the tournament. Capel got run off the court in OKC by UTEP. That is just unacceptable.

Some OU fans freaked out on Sampson for getting run off the court in Connecticut in 2004. That game was in Storrs and Uconn went on to win it all.

This isn't a Sampson versus Capel thing. Sampson is gone, is not coming back and I don't want him back because he left OU. However, Capel may have more double digit losses this year than Sampson had this decade at OU and that includes multiple games against Final Four and NCAA Champion teams. OU has not been beaten by a great team yet this year (because OU has not played a great team this year). I bet the line at KU is above 15 points. That is pathetic.

I support OU basketball but I fear OU made a mistake. OU is not losing close games to good teams, OU is getting run off the court by average (or worse) teams. OSU is a tournament bubble team, they are not a good basketball team (there not horrible but not good). They would be above a 9 seed if the tournament started today or miss it. Baylor is about a 6 seed. Most of the other teams that drilled OU are not going to make the tournament. Capel got run off the court in OKC by UTEP. That is just unacceptable.

Some OU fans freaked out on Sampson for getting run off the court in Connecticut in 2004. That game was in Storrs and Uconn went on to win it all.

This isn't a Sampson versus Capel thing. Sampson is gone, is not coming back and I don't want him back because he left OU. However, Capel may have more double digit losses this year than Sampson had this decade at OU and that includes multiple games against Final Four and NCAA Champion teams. OU has not been beaten by a great team yet this year (because OU has not played a great team this year). I bet the line at KU is above 15 points. That is pathetic.

Fans are going to freak out. Sometimes we need to show patience. This program has a tough task next year. There is alot of work to be done. But it's doable.

I do agree that next year starting with YO-YO in summer drills. I think Coach Capel needs to have Yo-Yo be as tough as he can on these guys. Instill in them the mindset that they are to have all year. Push them hard and take no attitude. Unfortunately there may be a couple of players that may need to be asked to leave the team. Meanwhile over work defensive skills and basics. Make sure these guys know what is expected of them. If you can't play defense then you can't play very much for OU. I really thing we will be fine offensively. And the last thing would be for Coach Capel to tighten the reigns so to speak. I think these things will make him an even better coach. I support our program and the Coach 100%. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!
Nice post.

I think Jeff needs to lay down the law this off season and send guys that don't want to work packing even if this means getting a lesser roster next year.

Start from the bottom up. Get guys to compliment Mason Griffin. At the same time he needs to get Mason Griffin to buy into the big picture.

After watching the game again today, we are a lot father away than what I thought about competing. They could've scored well over 100 points if Ford would not have called off the dogs.

We were totally dominated yesterday and we have a bunch of bad losses this year. Next year doesn't have me real confident. Jeff better kick it up next year.

I sure hope he does because I guarantee you Darby Rich did it and did it well!

I really, really like Coach Capel and hope he can turn things around. I think he's a great representative of OU basketball and the University.

Ada, I said that I thought that we would be fine offensively. My reasoning is that Coach Capel seems to be able to recruit the top players well. Call me crazy, but I think we surprisingly get Terrence Jones. I know it would be shocker, but I'm a very optomistic thinker. There is also another player that I have been hearing about (can't confirm if it's true or not) that could come in and play next January. He is at a D-1 school right now and details about him leaving the current school he is at are very sketchy right now. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Ada, I said that I thought that we would be fine offensively. My reasoning is that Coach Capel seems to be able to recruit the top players well. Call me crazy, but I think we surprisingly get Terrence Jones. I know it would be shocker, but I'm a very optomistic thinker. There is also another player that I have been hearing about (can't confirm if it's true or not) that could come in and play next January. He is at a D-1 school right now and details about him leaving the current school he is at are very sketchy right now. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Who are you hearing about? And I agree, I think we get Jones.

There is also another player that I have been hearing about (can't confirm if it's true or not) that could come in and play next January. He is at a D-1 school right now and details about him leaving the current school he is at are very sketchy right now. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Are you saying this player has already left school? Because if he's playing at a D-1 school now, as of today, he won't be eligible to play next January.

Maynom or Gordon? Because those guys make Tiny Gallon look like a choir boy.

And if we were to get a transfer to be eligible next January, wouldn't they have to be enrolled now and go through two semesters at the school they're transferring to before they are eligible?

What are Terrence Boyd and Julius Lamptey up to these days? Sign 'em up!

Back