im ready for a commit

I don't know much about Thompson. Is anyone willing to do a run down of his
game?

I have yet to see him play, but I can relay what others have said about his game on this MB. Listed at 6-10 (said to be closer to 6-8 or 9), Thompson has great shooting range and touch. He is rail thin, so he will need to put on some good weight. Sounds like he may need some work in the post, too. If Tiny can polish up his inside game a lil more, Thompson would be a nice forward to compliment. May be an option for the 3 spot at times, also.

He lived in (MWC?) OK for a number of years, so he is accustomed to the area. I am hoping for him and Carter to commit the weekend after next.

I don't know much about Thompson. Is anyone willing to do a run down of his
game?

OUHoops posted this quote from Eric Bossi on the Thompson thread last week. This was taken from his twitter page after he saw Thompson play at the NCJAA tourney:

Having seen all the teams here, I'd be real tempted to go with Eastern Utah's Nick Thompson as best prospect. Skilled big man.

I'll add that EBossi does not throw out compliments about players loosely. If Eric was impressed with what he saw, you can believe that Thompson is someone OU needs to sign if we can.

Don't mean to be a downer, but given the news of the internal investigation, I am not expecting any commitments any time soon...

I disagree. The recruits know what's going on and I see a commit coming soon.

Thanks guys for the Thompson info. IT sounds like he is exactly what we need: a skilled big.

it's not you...it's me. I am just not ready for commitment yet.

Back