In honor of the Kansas game tonight

arenateam

Reaction score
Let's take a look back at more happier times, enjoy the 2002 Big 12 Tournament Championship!

Link

This was one of the best years that I can remember. looking for happy times again.

that year we had 4 newcomers on the team, and were picked to be 5th in the league in the preseason. every single player on that team looked like their lives depended on playing defense, holding the highest scoring team in the country in the 60's.

One of the best defensive performances I've seen. That was not a "slow" game, so pace played very little role in KU only scoring 55%. Jabahri Brown was a MAN that day. I think the KU bigs got some buckets late, but I remember JB setting the tone early in that one. How many future NBA players were on each team?

What a fun team, regardless of the fact that they were really good.

Another comment.....look at how together that team was. Every dead ball, they run to each other to huddle up and talk. Players talking. Playing with a swagger that didn't involve flexing at midcourt or a ton of trash talking.

Yesterday, on the play where Crocker went over the announcer's table.....TMG just turned and walked over the bench. The other 3 players ran over to help him up, and congratulate his hustle. Our best player is sitting on the bench. That needs to change for TMG.

Capel needs to lock the team in a room and make them watch this game over and over again. It's the exact opposite of the way this team plays defense.

Back