Interesting lineup for Colorado....

thebigabd

Reaction score
The starter from last year (Nate Tomlinson) is no longer the starter, instead true freshman Alec Burks is the starting point guard.. Burks was listed as a point guard in high school, but then he grew to 6'6''. Bzdelik thinks he will play in the NBA.

PG: Alec Burks (6'6'' 190)
-13 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, and 1 steal in his first start
SG: Dwight Thorne (6'3'' 185)
-10 points, 1 rebound, 1 steal in opener
SG: Cory Higgins (6'5'' 190)
-26 points on 8 shots (16-16 from foul line), 2 rebounds, 2 assists
PF: Marcus Relphorde (6'7'' 225)
-6 points, 4 rebounds, 2 steals in 18 minutes. Had foul trouble.
PF: Austin Dufault (6'9'' 230)
-10 points, 3 rebounds in opener

The backup point guard (Tomlinson) came off the bench and had 7 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists. Shane Tunks had 4 points, 2 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 2 steals in 7 minutes.

The bad news for Colorado was that they got beat on the glass. Pine Bluff beat them 33-25 and they gave up 14 offensive rebounds. PB missed a lot 3's and CO did a bad job on the long rebounds.

I'm really interested in seeing how Alec Burks develops. He wasn't recruited by Anderson at all, but he's obviously talented. There's got to be a reason Mizzou didn't want him.

I'm really interested in seeing how Alec Burks develops. He wasn't recruited by Anderson at all, but he's obviously talented. There's got to be a reason Mizzou didn't want him.

I know that Frank Martin really wanted him, even more so than much higher rated recruits... He was a top target for Bzdelik and he has said time and again that he is better than Richard Roby (at this point), and that he will play at the next level.

I have no idea why Anderson did not pursue this guy out of his own state. He is clearly good enough to play for Missouri, so I am not really sure what he was thinking.

Last edited:
Back