Interesting Tweet from Dave Telep about jucos

Sam

Reaction score
Source
Also noticing fewer and fewer juco players able to make waves @ high major schools. Prep schools mining juco talent more each year

Huuuumm! This post was made early last night and thebigabd hasn't weighed in yet? He must be losing his ESP-like ability to sense when someone makes a negative JUCO post. I'll really be worried if he fails to respond by the Monday.

Don't disappoint us, BigA! ;)

Seems like every year juco talent is playing big roles for their teams, and being the difference between wins and losses. Yet, people say there is no talent in junior college and we have a debate about it every offseason.

Also, the Big 12 is getting a heavy dose of juco talent next year and they will no doubt have a big impact on the conference.

Seems like every year juco talent is playing big roles for their teams, and being the difference between wins and losses. Yet, people say there is no talent in junior college and we have a debate about it every offseason.

Also, the Big 12 is getting a heavy dose of juco talent next year and they will no doubt have a big impact on the conference.

I completely agree. OU has switched its focus away from Juco talent. The best programs do not use a lot of juco talent. However, to suggest juco talent does not have a major impact on college basketball including the major conferences is ridiculous. Now, I think it would be equally ridiculous to suggest that the impact of juco talent today is what it was in the late 80s and early 90s.

Personally, I would say Telep and bigadb are both right.

PS - what does thebigadb mean/stand for?

OU has switched its focus away from Juco talent.

Capel can probably sign the best juco players at this point, so I wouldn't mind seeing him sign a really good impact player every year or two to fill whatever need OU has as a team.

Capel can probably sign the best juco players at this point, so I wouldn't mind seeing him sign a really good impact player every year or two to fill whatever need OU has as a team.

I would have zero problem with a juco or two. In 1988 OU had 3 jucos starters (Mookie, Grace and Grant) and several other on the roster. In 2002 OU started 3 (McGhee, Ere, White) and had a couple of others on the roster. I have no problem with Juco players.

Funny.....

Who is the joker who took the time to become thebigadb?

Haha... Didn't even notice at first.

He played up JUCO's so well....

The big bad adb.....LOL.

The problem is they aren't there. If they were the high majors would be grabbing them like Telep referred to. If Larry Johnson was out there the high majors would grab them. They aren't.

And is a fake abd/adb anyway.

Back