Is there an OSU basketball message board?

Sooner23

Reaction score
I looked at Orange Power, Rivals and Scout and didn't see anything or any talk about basketball. Well, their Rivals site has a basketball board but it was premium. Any OSU sites I'm missing that have an active basketball board?

I looked at Orange Power, Rivals and Scout and didn't see anything or any talk about basketball. Well, their Rivals site has a basketball board but it was premium. Any OSU sites I'm missing that have an active basketball board?

That rivals premium board is a complete joke. No OSU insiders, it's basically a bunch of whiny OSU fans talking about nothing. You'd be suprised at the amount of posts on that board that originate from this board.

Here are some of their thread titles:

Clark to the F-ing goons
Capel twitter.....
OU weekend
Clark Officials
Cameron Clark's final 3
? for those in the know-Cameron Clark!
Taylor Griffin Signs with Phoenix
Cameron Clark
Congrats to Mr. Greg Swaim.

Last edited:
This has to be one of the finest basketball only sites for a college team on the internet. Nobody in the Big 12 has anything like it....

So there's no site with an active basketball board that you guys know of other than that Rivals premium one? I'm just interested to see what they're saying about their program/recruiting/etc.

Sutton Court is the only one. There are some guys with some good knowledge that post there. But they don't post often.

OUHoop is pretty much awesomeness..... Thanks OUHoops!

Well you got roger franklins legal guardian who also has his hand in team texas, Pawnee is good friends with Keiton and throws some info he gets from talking with keiton.

There are also about 4 or 5 guys who have proven to know something at times, but don't care to share very often. For example a week or more ago one guy mentioned the next commit would be Olukemi, but everyone was paying too much attention to clark at the time.

Well you got roger franklins legal guardian who also has his hand in team texas, Pawnee is good friends with Keiton and throws some info he gets from talking with keiton.

There are also about 4 or 5 guys who have proven to know something at times, but don't care to share very often. For example a week or more ago one guy mentioned the next commit would be Olukemi, but everyone was paying too much attention to clark at the time.

You're insiders can't touch BT, Sam, and Big Hinzzo.

You're insiders can't touch BT, Sam, and Big Hinzzo.

The quality of the insiders on any given team's board(s) is, IMO, a reflection of what the coach intends to get out there.

I know very little about the insiders here or how Capel runs his program (although I will admit, it's a very nice site... the only non-Mizzou college sports site I ever visit), but I don't doubt for a second that he's very aware of this place and has a pretty good handle on what information gets out and when. The fact that there are "good" insiders here, to me, just means Capel wants Sooner fans talking.

To me, it makes a ton of sense for a coach to "leak" information in a way that it gets out to the fans. However, Mike Anderson doesn't operate that way.... thus, the MU insiders are pretty darn weak (the few "insiders" we have, IMO, don't have a clue what they're talking about). For example, Anderson has been recruiting Pressey for the better part of three years. But early this spring, a lot of the information out there was about Baylor, LSU, Arizona, UConn, OU, etc. Almost no mention of Mizzou. But Anderson had Pressey in for an unofficial visit in the spring completely under the radar. No one knew about it until well after the fact. And now Pressey's a Tiger.

Another example: right now MU has two open scholarships. None of our "insiders" seem to have a clue what Anderson intends to do with them. Now that Scott and Cobbins are off the board, no one even knows if Anderson intends to take a guard and a big, two bigs, or just use one scholarship. And whatever he does plan on doing, the only name we really have right now is Ricardo Ratliffe (apparently our top target right now, and possibly was higher on our list than Cobbins).

Anderson's made a habit over his three+ years at Mizzou of pulling recruits out of nowhere. Two years ago, Mizzou was recruiting Suggs and Releford. Both chose elsewhere, and almost immediately after that we find out we've been recruiting Kim English for some time. No one even knew who Kim English was (he wasn't even in the databases at rivals or scout), but as it turns out he was being recruited just as heavily as the other two (and so far he looks to be better than both).

Anderson and Capel seem to have very different philosophies when it comes to recruiting and team building, and the quality of "inside information" available for either team is, in my opinion, a reflection of that.

Or maybe not. Just a random observation I had, perhaps not necessarily a valid one (but I think it is).

I think it's a great point. The Sutton regime had a multitude of "insiders", while Ford seems to have very few.

How much of that is Ford still being relatively new, and people haven't been able to "infiltrate" yet, I don't know.

Last year when Karron Johnson committed, I don't think ANYONE had heard the name.

Any idea if the plan is for Johnson to rejoin OSU after two years at Moberly?

Being just up the road from Columbia, I wonder if Anderson will take a look (if he's open to being recruited)...

Keith DeWitt was potentially going to be playing at Moberly, as well, but he's not there. I think he went somewhere in Florida, which is too bad. I was looking forward to catching a game or two up there this fall/winter.

Back