It is Time for Redemption

I see that we have the annual "the defense will be better" message.

Were our 3 incoming players that highly rated. I think maybe Gregory but question the other two.

https://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Cakes/GermanChocolateCake.htm

Scott was #9 for Prospect Nation, whatever that means in significance. A five star.

Bloom was a four star who has been with the team since January.

If you watched the weekly shows at the barbeque place last year, Sherri had a show about how difficult it is to teach even talented freshmen defense. If you have established players, and one makes a mistake, it is easy to show how that mistake caused a person to get a layup. But, if you have five players on the floor that are inexperienced at defense, you have five who can make a mistake. Which one do you address first? They had the talent, but they didn't know what to do, and you had to teach it piece by piece.

She said that she tried to teach each person three things after each game. More than that, and they are overwhelmed. Need to concentrate on no more than three things.

We had relatively new people everywhere, six freshmen and three sophs leading the effort. But, one of the three sophs had zero interest in learning defense. We went to WV without her, and won. If we had had her talent acting as a positive, it would have helped. It really left us with Ana crippled for a while, and an undersized post. Our seniors never really got it.

Let's see what a year has taught them. I am very pleased that their 3 on 3 team has been so effective---without Scott, who I thought might have been the best. I still suspect that she is a starter.

Thank you for the German Chocolate Cake history!!
lol
There is a facebook site on German culture that is probably missing the post which was intended for them rather than this board.

I simply had a Prospect Nation citation on Liz Scott intended.

Incidentally, the Germans had never seen German chocolate cake. Much too sweet for them.

Back