It's time for the Big O to get some run

I agree, but his pick and roll D was really bad at OSU!

Apparently there is some super top secret reason he isn't getting PT.

If somebody would like to share, I'd sure like to hear it.

I'm with you play...lets find out if this guy can do anything with extended minutes...

He might be the most interesting player on this team IMO...there seems to be a lot of speculation out there on his problems and why he hasnt been able to crack into the lineup, but there also seems to be a lot of things said that contradict these behaviors as well...

I agree, but his pick and roll D was really bad at OSU!
Yea but you have to play more than 1 minute to pick up the speed of the game and get settled in. I have no idea if he is the answer (how could anyone know??) but we should at least try.

I'm with you play...lets find out if this guy can do anything with extended minutes...

He might be the most interesting player on this team IMO...there seems to be a lot of speculation out there on his problems and why he hasnt been able to crack into the lineup, but there also seems to be a lot of things said that contradict these behaviors as well...

I think we have found out what he can do and that's why he hasn't saw the court. But I'm with you, what's to lose except another game. O took a big step back from the end of last season. His conditioning improved immensly and in turn he looked a little better defensively. This year he's worse defensively than last. I don't think he's bad offensively. He actually has a pretty nice touch.

Orlando is not completely void of skills. In the minuscule number of games where he has played more than a minute or two he has not been that bad. Slow of foot and a lot to learn defensively? Absolutely. But that could describe half the players on this team.

On a team with no depth (as in ZERO) at the post positions now that Tiny is no longer available, it makes no sense to use a 6' 11" 280 pound player to warm a spot on the bench. I love this young man's attitude and the way he supports his team. But if he can't play, help him transfer to a mid-major in the off season and make room for someone who can.

Oh, you're not in the in-crowd, so don't worry about it. :ez-laugh:

I think we have found out what he can do and that's why he hasn't saw the court. But I'm with you, what's to lose except another game. O took a big step back from the end of last season. His conditioning improved immensly and in turn he looked a little better defensively. This year he's worse defensively than last. I don't think he's bad offensively. He actually has a pretty nice touch.

I've never seen him play more than 2 or 3 minutes so i dont know what he can do on the court...sure i have an idea of what player i think he is based on those appearances, but when you are afforded the opportunity of extended minutes a guy can calm down and do the things he is capable of...that is where i dont think any of us have any idea what he can do in a real game...

Capel and his coaches have the biggest body of work obviously by watching him play in practice, but even that can be scewed...some people perform better in games, it is as simple as that...

but on the other hand, some perform worse...so who knows...

at this point i'd just like to see

ha! Thats all I read on here. I too wish someone with the "in" would let us know. I agree with the rest of you, might as well play him, whats the harm?

ha! Thats all I read on here. I too wish someone with the "in" would let us know. I agree with the rest of you, might as well play him, whats the harm?

Okay, I will enlighten you with some inside information:

The guy just isn't good enough to play. It's a liability to put him out there. Should we really be in the habit of firing a guy out there that isn't a D-1 player just for the heck of it?

Okay, I will enlighten you with some inside information:

The guy just isn't good enough to play. It's a liability to put him out there. Should we really be in the habit of firing a guy out there that isn't a D-1 player just for the heck of it?
For one, you can't make a determination on a guy who hasn't seen enough game action. Many, many guys don't ever get better at a certain level until they actually play. Now nobody is suggesting we just start throwing guys out there, whimsically. But the guy was ahead of Ryan Wright (easy to do) at the end of last year, and all of a sudden he can't see the floor. In the Texas game we are throwing Gallon out there who was embarrassing himself by throwing up wild shots that didn't even draw iron, falling down, getting beat, etc. It's not like these other post options have been any good. Ryan Wright has one good game in his entire career and he's all of a sudden infallible. The next game he can't even see the floor after dropping passes, missing lay ups, etc.

Secondly, Ray Willis isn't a Big 12 level player, and he seems to get some run from time to time.

Lastly, why not for the heck of it. This team my not win another game. Let's find out what we have. Play Allen 30 minutes in Boulder.

Last edited:
I've heard he's been solid in practice. It is a bit odd.

Bring back Jabari Brown!

I've said NUMEROUS times on this board that Big O has had some personal issues that he has had to deal with that has kept him from practicing earlier in the year like he should have. He seems to have overcome those issues that would take down a lot of people. Now that he is back he is never late for practice, meetings, grades are great, and he is the most vocal supporter on the bench. He has recently began practicing with the first team in practice and got some playing time against OSU. Under no circumstance am I going to disclose what his problems were because that is absolutely no ones business. Just know he is a good kid and is absolutely working his butt off to get caught up for all the missed time from earlier this year. I wish some of you would LAY OFF THE KID! I have no personal stake other than I know what he has went through and it has been hell. I have a feeling we will be seeing more of him now but he is clearly playing for next year. He's not going anywhere nor is he losing a scholarship.

I've said NUMEROUS times on this board that Big O has had some personal issues that he has had to deal with that has kept him from practicing earlier in the year like he should have. He seems to have overcome those issues that would take down a lot of people. Now that he is back he is never late for practice, meetings, grades are great, and he is the most vocal supporter on the bench. He has recently began practicing with the first team in practice and got some playing time against OSU. Under no circumstance am I going to disclose what his problems were because that is absolutely no ones business. Just know he is a good kid and is absolutely working his butt off to get caught up for all the missed time from earlier this year. I wish some of you would LAY OFF THE KID! I have no personal stake other than I know what he has went through and it has been hell. I have a feeling we will be seeing more of him now but he is clearly playing for next year. He's not going anywhere nor is he losing a scholarship.
It's time for him to get extended run.

Just for the record, I'm not trying to rip the guy. All I know is what I have seen with my own eyes on the court and the guy doesn't look like a d-1 player. He also looks to me to have a ways to go conditioning wise. I see people clamoring for him to play constantly and I'm just not sure what difference he could possibly make. And I don't think we should throw guys out there that are going to be a liability just because. Hope he proves me wrong.

Back