I've been watching last years games

j2d2

Reaction score
on SoonerSports and cant help noticing how Patillo had a nose for the ball. He could have been an outstanding player. What happened to him?
Loss to Misery=terrible defense; loss to OSEwe=terrible defense. Surely without Blake to protect from fouls we can stop some of that penetration and getting a hand up on hot three point shooters.

One thing Patillo did as well was turn the ball over. When he first joined the team midway through the season he was wide open around the basket all the time, so even when he fumbled the ball he had time to gather himself, go up and dunk it. Later in the season once people knew who he started having games where he would only play 5-10 minutes and have a handful of turnovers.

He was a great addition for about 7 games, but the other 30 games he was either a non-factor or a negative contributor.

I also found this kind of interesting.
08-09 Record with Patillo - 13-5 (72%)
08-09 Record w/out Patillo - 17-1 (94%)

My personal opinion is that even though he helped us and gave us energy when he first joined the team, he ultimately just took minutes away from Taylor Griffin who was a more complete player.

Last edited:
Patillo was a great energy guy who excelled in a transition game. He was absolutely horrible in a half court offensive game.

All that being said, I wouldn't mind having Patillo this year because he's be a good fit, just because we dont have a player like him and we dont have any proven post players.

Back