The Leadership Vaccuum

OUr lone senior has now been suspended on two different occasions BEFORE conference play begins.

Yeesh.

OUr lone senior has now been suspended on two different occasions BEFORE conference play begins.

Yeesh.

One for playing in a pickup basketball game!

One.... just tad worse

I may be wrong. But, I saw Hollis as the spiritual leader of the fans, as well as the team leader his first two years. When Quannas arrived, he gradually became the team's floor leader. By the time they went to the Final Four, I thought of Quannas as the combat sergeant. Fans loved Hollis. Quannas ruled the floor.

I would be interested to see what others thought.

Without question Quannas was the leader of that team. A player's relationship and conduct with the coaching staff, ditto with teammates, knowledge of each gameplan, overall knowledge of what the team is trying to accomplish, preparedness, overall production on the floor during games are some of the qualities a leader needs to exhibit. It appeared that Quannas had all of these qualities and more.

Most of us only see what goes on during the games but a large part of who is established as a leader happens during practice.

Last edited:
I wasn’t given the reason only that it was minor and punishment complete.

I wasn’t given the reason only that it was minor and punishment complete.

Well, if you are going to get punished for a game glad it was for UT Rio Grande Valley Technical Institute for the Blind.

ignorance. the fed and the ncaa need to get with the program - remove weed from schedule 1 in title 63 and stop harassing student-athletes over marijuana use. drinking alcohol is by far worse.

ignorance. the fed and the ncaa need to get with the program - remove weed from schedule 1 in title 63 and stop harassing student-athletes over marijuana use. drinking alcohol is by far worse.

Agreed.

Back