Jason Preston - Ohio Bobcats - Ever heard of this guy?

thebigabd

Reaction score
One of the weirdest stories I've heard in college basketball.... The guy was 6'0'' 140 pounds as a senior in high school, his mom was dead, his dad had abandoned them, and he basically got adopted by some distant family.

They convinced him to go to prep school after high school to play basketball.... the prep school had 3 teams. A, B, and C. A was for the best players. He was on the C team. He averaged 2 points a game. But then he started getting a lot better, worked his way up to the A team, but then put himself back down to the C team. Made a highlight mix tape while on the C team (because he was getting triple doubles every night), put it on Twitter and started tweeting coaches. Get's an offer from Ohio and took it.

Averaged 6, 4, and 3 as a true freshman at Ohio.
Averaged 17 points, 7.5 assists, and and 6 rebounds per game as a sophomore.
Averaging 21, 8, and 7 this year as a junior.

They've already played 3 games this year.

He had 31 points, 8 assists, 6 rebounds, and 0 turnovers against #8 Illinois
He had 21 points, 9 rebounds, and 7 assists against NC A&T
He had 11 points, 8 assists, 6 rebounds, and no turnovers against Chicago

Crazy story... Wasn't even playing basketball. Wasn't going to play basketball. Then goes to prep school and pops up to 6'4'', and Ohio put 25 pounds on him.

Incredible story! Thanks for posting!

In my search to learn more about this young man, I found a video of the Bobcats game against #8 ranked, Big Ten power, Illinois. Preston had a career day in that game, but the only thing that mattered to him was the final score. Ohio lost by 2 to a top ten team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgLbt_CxFJM

cool...love stories like this...

not bball...but drove through McDonalds up here (kc) the kid had a Winnetonka (local HS) fball hoodie on....I asked if he got to play this yr, lost in semi's last week...he'll be a Jr next yr...

Asked about future and college...said kentucky, isu and someone else either offered or are looking at him...

Every anser was yes sir or no sir. I'm going to try and follow him...hoping he makes it.

I did tell him my kid played juco baseball and GPA/Act scores were #1...whic he agreed with a yes sir...lol

Back