Joe Bam in the portal

Given how the season went, no surprise. Hard to understand why we signed him. Obviously Moser didn’t trust him or like the way he played, but seems like he should have realized he wasn’t a fit while recruiting him.

I hope Bam lands on his feet. I like him. Even though he wasn’t playing much he was always on his feet cheering and encouraging his teammates.

Good. Recognize a mistake and move on from it quickly.

I hope he continues opening his own eyes and gets us 2-3 more schollys opened. Yaya and Jacob next please. Sorry, but we need talent asap

Last edited:
Good luck to Bam! It just didn’t work out this year but he definitely has talent.

So Bam is obviously replaceable but I'm disappointed he's leaving. Similar to Shroeder, he was an athlete. And OU needs as many athletes as possible. He had flashes last year and I was hoping he could put it all together this next year. Can Moser replace him with someone else? Probably. But I just hope it's another athlete type.

The plus side is: maybe Moser encouraged Bam to leave because he's certain he can find a better replacement.

So Bam is obviously replaceable but I'm disappointed he's leaving. Similar to Shroeder, he was an athlete. And OU needs as many athletes as possible. He had flashes last year and I was hoping he could put it all together this next year. Can Moser replace him with someone else? Probably. But I just hope it's another athlete type.

The plus side is: maybe Moser encouraged Bam to leave because he's certain he can find a better replacement.

As much athleticism as he has, hes just a mess out there skills-wise. Looks like a football player playing basketball

As much athleticism as he has, hes just a mess out there skills-wise. Looks like a football player playing basketball

You definitely have a point. But basketball is such a rhythm sport. Maybe he just never got into a rhythm, had no confidence, etc. I'm not sure, but I do think he would have put it together with more PT. I mean he's still a D-1 bball player. Not like he came from D-2 or NAIA.

I remember a poster mentioning, back in December, that OSU was a bunch of athletes trying playing basketball. The team wasn't playing great bball and most people thought they would finish last. Well, OSU became a force once they put it together and whipped OU three times.

Alondes Williams was unplayable at times his last year at OU. Then he put it together and was amazing at Wake.

Long story short, OU losing two of its most athletic guards to the transfer portal doesn't make more much more confident for next season. Even if they didn't produce much their first year in the system.

I hope he continues opening his own eyes and gets us 2-3 more schollys opened. Yaya and Jacob next please. Sorry, but we need talent asap

they have 3 spots now .. there is not a need for 5 new spots ..

Think he can be a good player. Didn’t work out. It surprises me when athletic, wild scorers sign with PM. It’s just not a fit.

they have 3 spots now .. there is not a need for 5 new spots ..

I’d hope there is room. Let’s say GS, Uzan, Oweh, & Hill all stay (unlikely). That means there are 5 spots that need to be filled with either contributors or competition to be contributors. If you’re fighting for your job you better be willing to hurt some feelings.

You definitely have a point. But basketball is such a rhythm sport. Maybe he just never got into a rhythm, had no confidence, etc. I'm not sure, but I do think he would have put it together with more PT. I mean he's still a D-1 bball player. Not like he came from D-2 or NAIA.

I remember a poster mentioning, back in December, that OSU was a bunch of athletes trying playing basketball. The team wasn't playing great bball and most people thought they would finish last. Well, OSU became a force once they put it together and whipped OU three times.

Alondes Williams was unplayable at times his last year at OU. Then he put it together and was amazing at Wake.

Long story short, OU losing two of its most athletic guards to the transfer portal doesn't make more much more confident for next season. Even if they didn't produce much their first year in the system.
who ? out of these 4 are our MOST ATHLETIC GUARDS? I'm a Cortez fan but I def wouldn't put him as one of our top 2.

Cortez
Bam
Schroder
Noland

Last edited:
Back