John Wall

JungleJim

Reaction score
Is he all he's cracked up to be? Read the press and it would seem Easter is looming over Lexington--next coming...etc

He's already touted by many "pundits" as the best there is in the NCAA.

Last edited:
There is no doubt...this dude can flat out play...that UK team is totally different when he is in the lineup...

Brandon Jennings, Derrick Rose, and John Wall are all in the same category to me. All explosive, fast guys that have another gear when the ball is in their hands. I'm interested to see how they play after 2 or three NBA years. Rose has hit the wall to a degree.

I think with John Wall, it will be interesting to see where he lands. Of the teams that will be in the Lottery, the Knicks, the Clippers, and Sactown will be the teams that will need a PG the most. If Rubio is back in the fold as tradebait, how will that affect the situation.

There is no doubt...this dude can flat out play...that UK team is totally different when he is in the lineup...

Not to disagree because they are obviously much better with him but they flat out struggled with him and won rather easily without against similar competition I believe. The stat that jumped out at me was Bledsoe's lines. He went off for over 20 I believe without Wall and then Wall comes back and he has like 2. They need to co-exist. If they can. I get the feeling they are both gunners. I don't think Kentucky will be as good as everyone is making them out to be. I don't think they are a FF4 team.

perhaps they need to learn to be a team before focusing on the final four.

The problem with bringing that much talent in at once is that they may be more focused on showcasing their talent to the NBA rather than learning to co-exist.

The thing that separates Jennings is he can shoot the ball. Wall has gotten hyped because he is such a freak athlete but let's not forget his HS team had a losing record. He is not a finished product at all, not nearly like Rose or Jennings was at the same age. His ceiling may be higher but he will have some struggles early on.

The wild card is Cousins. From most people he seems to be lazy and have a bad attitude, even Fran Fraschilla mentioned it after coaching him in the Lebron James camp. If Cousins doesn't mature then UK won't come near their potential.

I think John Wall's head can barely fit through the gym doors. I can understand how hard it would be, to not let your head get big. Everybody has been building this kid up and last night he looked good, but he didn't look better than WWIII.

The thing that separates Jennings is he can shoot the ball. Wall has gotten hyped because he is such a freak athlete but let's not forget his HS team had a losing record. He is not a finished product at all, not nearly like Rose or Jennings was at the same age. His ceiling may be higher but he will have some struggles early on.

The wild card is Cousins. From most people he seems to be lazy and have a bad attitude, even Fran Fraschilla mentioned it after coaching him in the Lebron James camp. If Cousins doesn't mature then UK won't come near their potential.

I have to disagree on Rose, people said the same things about his game as they are Wall now when he went to college. Incredibly athletic, good handles but suspect jumper. 1 major major difference is that Derrick Rose was very coachable and was not selfish which Im sure played a major part in Memphis almost winning it all. Doesnt seem like thats the case at all with Wall but wow is he big and athletic.

How you feeling Daniel Orton ?

Exactly. Rose is getting the affects of Defenses running under screens and daring him to shoot and taking away passing lanes at the same time. That's what they are going to do in the NBA to Wall. Jennings and WW quite frankly can shoot if you go under the screen or beat you if you go over it. The NBA Hedge game is alot better than the college hedge game. So that eventuallytakes a toll on these guys down the road when they get scouted.

Not sure I can rationally or objectively argue this, but I think Wall is a lot better (or will ultimately be better) than Rose or Jennings. Just my subjective assessment after having watched him play a couple times. There is just something special about him. In a world of unique and unbelievable athletes, he really is unique. He is faster with the ball than anybody I can ever remember seeing (certainly at least as fast).

I think playing for Cali was smart and he will develop quickly into a very special player. I can certainly understand the arguments agains this opinion, as it is just a subjective hunch on my part. Some kids, you just look at them and they just seem to be special. He looks that way to me.

All of this being said, I'll love the way TMG plays and think he is going to be special as well. So, in my opinion, we aren't missing out.

Capel really has an eye for talent, I think.

Is he all he's cracked up to be? Read the press and it would seem Easter is looming over Lexington--next coming...etc

He's already touted by many "pundits" as the best there is in the NCAA.

I think he is going to be a great player (at this and the next level). Best player in his class.

Back