***Johnson overcomes adversity with hard work***

I would love to have this kid! One has to believe his extended family in Oklahoma, who happen to be OU fans, will not hurt our cause.

“I have some grandparents in Oklahoma,” he told OUHoops.com. “And some aunt’s and uncle’s, too. We go there as much as we can, but we hadn’t gotten out there in a while. They’re OU fans, all the way. If I go there they’re going to be die hard fans for sure. They definitely want me to be out there.”

His relationship with Coach Capel and being aware of Blake's development from his freshman to his sophomore season can't hurt either.

Oh, nice move to have BG wonder down the hall at an appropriate time. lol

One of the more memorable parts of the trip for Johnson was the opportunity to bump into one of his favorite players, Blake Griffin.

“I had never even heard of (Blake) until this last season,” he said. “I watched as many games as I could and watched highlights, but when I saw him walk up the tunnel (at OU), it was crazy. I was watching the court, then kind of turned around and I was like: he looks familiar. I tripped a little bit when I realized who it was.

“While I was there I saw his freshman tape. He scored with dunks, but he couldn’t really do it himself. The points he scored were off of easy stuff mostly, but his sophomore season he was taking the ball down the court, dribbling between his legs — doing all kinds of things.

“It made me think. I know I’m gonna come in and work hard, so I think it’s a possibility for me to come in and be like that. It was a big selling point for me.”

I had no idea that he had family in Oklahoma and that he was born in Oklahoma. I really enjoyed the read. Thanks, Zo.

Thanks for another great update, gotta love Stoops even more now. 2nd update in a row he has been mentioned in a positive like by a basketball recruit.

“We got the grand tour and saw how great the facilities were. We actually interrupted coach Stoops’ big meeting and he came and shook our hands. We introduced ourselves and Stoops took us on a tour of the facilities himself. I mean, he left a film meeting to do that so it was pretty neat.”

Getting Henzo on the staff was a major coup! Another great article on what appears to be a really good kid. It looks like OU has a good shot at getting him.

Back