Juco newcomers impressive for ISU in opener

Give me a&m over tech... Colorado will not be good plain and simple they will finish 11 th at best..

Give me a&m over tech

Why?

Colorado will not be good plain and simple they will finish 11 th at best..

Why?

the kstate staff really liked burks. more than they liked a lot of higher rated recruits.

Yea, and that was back when he was 6'3'' and listed as a point guard... Now he is 6'6'' and can play 1-3 on the court. He will play some point this year for CU now that Sharpe is out for the year.

the kstate staff really liked burks. more than they liked a lot of higher rated recruits.

i agree w. you that they've got a lot more talent than in the last couple years, and a lot better talent than most big 12 fans realize.

at the same time, it isn't better talent than most other teams in the big 12 (maybe better than nu, possibly tech, anyone else?). and they're pretty young. i'd have a hard time predicting a very successful season for them.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Or a very successful future for that matter. The whole Big 12, for the most part, is recruiting at a higher level than Colorado sans maybe Nebraska and Tech....

i agree w. you that they've got a lot more talent than in the last couple years, and a lot better talent than most big 12 fans realize.

at the same time, it isn't better talent than most other teams in the big 12 (maybe better than nu, possibly tech, anyone else?). and they're pretty young. i'd have a hard time predicting a very successful season for them.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Or a very successful future for that matter. The whole Big 12, for the most part, is recruiting at a higher level than Colorado sans maybe Nebraska and Tech....

That depends on how you evaluate recruiting....

Texas Tech had an outstanding recruiting class when you consider their needs. They needed better athletes, experienced guards, and more overall talent. They accomplished that with Tairu, Reese, Jenkins, and Crockett. They filled all their needs and added some high quality players to Roberson, Singletary, and Lewandowski... They couldnt have done any better. Some OU fan on this board thinks Crockett will be an All-big 12 player in a year or two.. Pat Knight said Tairu is the leader of the team and said he is like Ronald Ross.

Colorado had a great class.. Bzdelik (who knows a thing or two about the NBA) thinks Burks is an NBA player! As mentioned above, he got players over some teams in a much better situation than Colorado. Plus, you have to remember they are adding guys likes Burks, Relphorde, Tunks, Hornbuckle, and Sharpe to Higgins, Thorne, Dufault, and Tomlinson. They are rebuilding, and I think the class they brought in will compliment the existing talent well.

Colorado and Tech (my two surprise teams) had outstanding recruiting years and made their teams significantly better. They added perfect pieces to existing talent and it will show up in the W/L record.

Nobody is saying these are going to be great teams.... I am hoping CU wins 6 games for the bet and that usually puts you in 9th or 10th place. What I am saying is these teams are getting significantly better.

You will see.....

Last edited:
Back