OU @ ISU 1pm CST on ESPN+

Tanner needs to work on his post passing this offseason. And in general, everyone on the team needs to work on their passing. Not sure I've seen a worse passing team in my lifetime.

He needs to work on his everything

With Harkless going down and the loss today, the book realistically closes on this year. Just playing out the string at this point. They need to win 4 straight to be in good position before B12 tourney and that isn’t unlikely, I think it’s impossible. I’d say 2 wins is the absolute max, and 1 or 0 is possible. For me, I’m a little disappointed in Moser’s first year— mainly because we’ve regressed. We played better, smarter, basketball in December than in February. Regardless of talent, you can always improve. We’ve regressed. Now it’s moving on to next year, let’s see what Moser can do with roster.

Two points from the bench. Can we please remember this next November when we get the inevitable posts about how deep we are because a couple guys play well against a directional school?

Still alive but barely. Win the last 4. They are still a lock.

Lose @ tech and win the last 3. They are right on the bubble

Two points from the bench. Can we please remember this next November when we get the inevitable posts about how deep we are because a couple guys play well against a directional school?

Of course one of the “bench “ guys had to start and scored 11

I'd be cool with flipping almost the entire roster.

Please. I mean hopefully he realizes that.

Somebody remind him he's in the Big 12. He can't go out and sign a bunch of Jacob Groves's again while teams like Tech and UT sign real talent.

With Harkless going down and the loss today, the book realistically closes on this year. Just playing out the string at this point. They need to win 4 straight to be in good position before B12 tourney and that isn’t unlikely, I think it’s impossible. I’d say 2 wins is the absolute max, and 1 or 0 is possible. For me, I’m a little disappointed in Moser’s first year— mainly because we’ve regressed. We played better, smarter, basketball in December than in February. Regardless of talent, you can always improve. We’ve regressed. Now it’s moving on to next year, let’s see what Moser can do with roster.

I agree....and I think Moser is a really good coach, but this has been disappointing. The answer (I will say it until I'm blue in the face) is massive talent/athleticism upgrades. His gimmicky-ass motion system isn't going to work in this league with a substandard roster. This is the big leagues and the sooner that he realizes that he has to acquire much better players is the only way we are going to ever break into the top half of this conference. I'm ready to put a fork into this sh!tshow of a season....and move onto next year.

At this point, this is a technical truth, but a realistic pipe dream. I still had hope before today. Now it’s gone.

Please. I mean hopefully he realizes that.

Somebody remind him he's in the Big 12. He can't go out and sign a bunch of Jacob Groves's again while teams like Tech and UT sign real talent.

Gosh, this sounds a lot like what I was saying just two or three days ago, and I caught grief for it.

The overall optimism about this year going in was just way too high. Moser will get it going in the long term but this years roster was kinda whack. And losing one of the few guys we have that can defend at the perimeter has pretty much destroyed the chance at post season barring a miracle.

We’ve been saying we need 4 more wins for the last 2 weeks. It ain’t happening. Mathematically, we’re still alive but the truth is, we may not win another game this season, certainly not 4 more.

This team is done. I know moser won’t do it, but we need to replace about 8 guys on this team or more. We need a major infusion of better talent.

I agree....and I think Moser is a really good coach, but this has been disappointing. The answer (I will say it until I'm blue in the face) is massive talent/athleticism upgrades. His gimmicky-ass motion system isn't going to work in this league with a substandard roster. This is the big leagues and the sooner that he realizes that he has to acquire much better players is the only way we are going to ever break into the top half of this conference. I'm ready to put a fork into this sh!tshow of a season....and move onto next year.

It isn't a sh!tshow. We just aren't ready this year

Retain:
Eli Harkless
Tanner Groves
Jacob Groves (to keep Tanner Groves)
CJ Noland
Akol Mawein
Jalen Hill

New Recruits:
Milos Uzan (4 star recruit)
Otega Oweh (4 star recruit)

Remaining 4 slots:
Mohamed Diarra (6'10'' 215) - Garden City CC in Kansas. Averaging 18 points and 13 rebounds per game. 47% from field, 33% from 3.

Themus Folks (6'1'' 175 - Dodge City CC) in Kansas.
Averaging 16 points, 4 rebounds, and 6 assists per game at Dodge City.

D1 TRANSFER PORTAL - STARTER QUALITY - POST PLAYER
D1 TRANSFER PORTAL - STARTER QUALITY - SHOOTING GUARD

It isn't a sh!tshow. We just aren't ready this year

I think he knows, hes just frustrated. I applaud the effort to get it to within 5 may even 4 briefly? We aren't done yet but getting closer to it.

We’ve been saying we need 4 more wins for the last 2 weeks. It ain’t happening. Mathematically, we’re still alive but the truth is, we may not win another game this season, certainly not 4 more.

This team is done. I know moser won’t do it, but we need to replace about 8 guys on this team or more. We need a major infusion of better talent.

I honestly don’t know why he wouldn’t do it. If processing some guys is the best way to get things back on track, he needs to do it. I want Hill and Tanner and Cortes and Noland back without any question. The rest … I wouldn’t lose any sleep over losing. It seems like all three incoming freshmen could be difference makers in the program. Need a couple D-1 transfers who can come in and make a huge impact from day one.

Back