Jacob Groves (to keep Tanner Groves)
CJ Noland
Akol Mawein
Jalen Hill

New Recruits:
Milos Uzan (4 star recruit)
Otega Oweh (4 star recruit)

Remaining 4 slots:
Mohamed Diarra (6'10'' 215) - Garden City CC in Kansas. Averaging 18 points and 13 rebounds per game. 47% from field, 33% from 3.

Themus Folks (6'1'' 175 - Dodge City CC) in Kansas.
Averaging 16 points, 4 rebounds, and 6 assists per game at Dodge City.

D1 TRANSFER PORTAL - STARTER QUALITY - POST PLAYER
D1 TRANSFER PORTAL - STARTER QUALITY - SHOOTING GUARD

We got the German kid that looks pretty good at the wing spot.

At this point, this is a technical truth, but a realistic pipe dream. I still had hope before today. Now it’s gone.

More likely is no more win this season. Sad truth this team is small, slow, weak, and can’t shoot or guard. We bestvrejiyce that we have 20 wins.

The overall optimism about this year going in was just way too high. Moser will get it going in the long term but this years roster was kinda whack. And losing one of the few guys we have that can defend at the perimeter has pretty much destroyed the chance at post season barring a miracle.

It’s whack because he brought in guys that can’t play at this level.

Please. I mean hopefully he realizes that.

Somebody remind him he's in the Big 12. He can't go out and sign a bunch of Jacob Groves's again while teams like Tech and UT sign real talent.

He’s thinks he can when with coachable unathletic players.

He only had a few months to put together a team. That doesn't always work out. And he couldn't keep the talented guys we already had on roster which would have made this roster a lot better going in.

He’s thinks he can when with coachable unathletic players.

Not anymore if he's smart. Hope he's learned his lesson. Hope his edict to his coaching staff is now only cheetahs and lions, no more ostriches.

This is OU. He should be able to recruit coachable AND athletic players.

I’ve said before…. The mason kid… thinking moser felt obligated to bring him to OU from Loyola.

Dang women got run out of gym by 22 as well…double header sweep for the clones

I’ve said before…. The mason kid… thinking moser felt obligated to bring him to OU from Loyola.

This is just a bad take.

He was recruiting him to Loyola. I assume the kid still would have had an offer from Loyola. Moser owed him nothing. He was likely signed because we were super thin at PG.

This is also a bad take.

One of those guys that can't play at this level is still our leading scorer. And our roster full of crap has still managed to beat Florida, Arkansas, ISU, and TT, while playing KU VERY close twice, and losing to UT by 2.

At the end of the season though, it'll be the losses to TCU and possibly OSU that hurt the most. Definitely should have won 2 of those 3.

I can't stand posters that flip their opinions like flapjacks. Most of us were very excited to land the Groves brothers. And Mawein. What happened there? Why hasn't the kid developed much? Guarantee he'd be getting run at Arkansas.

I disagree with needing to process more than one or two kids. Next year we do need a couple of high D1 starters and Mawein to earn more time. Those D1 starters may be freshmen or signees now, or portal, that's Moser's job to know. I don't think we set the bar any higher next season than make the dance.

This is just a bad take.

He was recruiting him to Loyola. I assume the kid still would have had an offer from Loyola. Moser owed him nothing. He was likely signed because we were super thin at PG.

He played for a high school that produced two of Loyola’s FF players, and for Mokan Elite. Both important connections.

Seemed like a good idea at the time. It just didn’t work out.

He played for a high school that produced two of Loyola’s FF players, and for Mokan Elite. Both important connections.

Seemed like a good idea at the time. It just didn’t work out.

I wouldn't even say it didn't work out. He's a true freshman. The third string PG. A 3* kid. Not sure what others expected out of him this year, but I didn't expect much of anything.

I wouldn't even say it didn't work out. He's a true freshman. The third string PG. A 3* kid. Not sure what others expected out of him this year, but I didn't expect much of anything.

You may be right. As i recall, he looked like he had potential early on. That was before the freshman wall and the reality of competing at the college level kicked in.

Everyone should take a breath. It’s going to take some time. Moser had to put together a team in just a few weeks. If the Groves brothers were as good as advertised we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I’m not saying they’re terrible, they’re just never going to be stars in the Big12.

Give coach Moser a full recruiting cycle and let’s see what we get. It’s looking like he’s off to a good start. I agree with other posters that we need some serious turnover on this roster. That takes time.

This is also a bad take.

One of those guys that can't play at this level is still our leading scorer. And our roster full of crap has still managed to beat Florida, Arkansas, ISU, and TT, while playing KU VERY close twice, and losing to UT by 2.

At the end of the season though, it'll be the losses to TCU and possibly OSU that hurt the most. Definitely should have won 2 of those 3.

I can't stand posters that flip their opinions like flapjacks. Most of us were very excited to land the Groves brothers. And Mawein. What happened there? Why hasn't the kid developed much? Guarantee he'd be getting run at Arkansas.

I agree with all of this..... everyone was excited about TG. Everyone referenced his tourney performance.

Everyone should take a breath. It’s going to take some time. Moser had to put together a team in just a few weeks. If the Groves brothers were as good as advertised we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I’m not saying they’re terrible, they’re just never going to be stars in the Big12.

Give coach Moser a full recruiting cycle and let’s see what we get. It’s looking like he’s off to a good start. I agree with other posters that we need some serious turnover on this roster. That takes time.

I agree with this as well. Some are acting like we are going to suddenly start snatching recruits from Kentucky and Kansas or something. Not gonna give up hope after one season. I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but I believe our frustration should be more at ourselves for having the wrong expectations, after losing the core of our team from last year.

Common theme with our fan base. We tend to oversell our expectations, then we want to burn it down quickly when it doesn't materialize. Mason & Cortes are both very young. If we had our returning guards from last year, neither would have been expected to play much.....

I honestly don’t know why he wouldn’t do it. If processing some guys is the best way to get things back on track, he needs to do it. I want Hill and Tanner and Cortes and Noland back without any question. The rest … I wouldn’t lose any sleep over losing. It seems like all three incoming freshmen could be difference makers in the program. Need a couple D-1 transfers who can come in and make a huge impact from day one.

I agree about the four you've mentioned above. I'm a big fan of Hill....he is a warrior. He'll never be an 18/8 guy, but he is the type of glue guy I want starting on my team. If Tanner comes back, I'm ok with that. He is a nice player, but limited and can be exploited in athletic matchups. I can see why Lon recruited Bijan. He seems like he would flourish in a "free flow" system like Lon's. However, I don't know his potential in more of a controlled "system" that Moser runs....I guess we will find out. I'm not as high on Noland as most on this board. I think he can eventually contribute and possibly even start, but his ceiling as an overall player is probably less than Hill's....maybe he will end up proving me wrong. I know you're not real high on Harkless, but I would like to have him back as well. We all saw yesterday what our team defense looks like with him off of the floor. But I could also live without his carelessness too.

And I don't expect to ever compete with KU, Kentucky, Duke etc. for recruits, however, I do think it's realistic we should be able to compete for recruits against Tech, OSU, and to some degree Baylor (even though they are far ahead of our program at the moment) and Texas. All of their rosters are better to significantly better than ours at the moment....be it athletically and/or skill-wise. We need athletes and shooters/scorers badly.

Back