Juco recruits Robert Goff and Jowanza Poland

Sooner23

Reaction score
Juco recruits Robert Goff and Jawanza Poland

Both are sitting out this year at Hutch after transferring from Cowley where they were key contributors leading their team to the national juco tournament.

Goff is a kid we've heard about before here who had offers from Indiana, Purdue and Butler out of High School. Can't find final stats but he was averaging around 10 points, 7 boards and 1.5 blocked shots about midway through his freshman season.

Poland is a 6-4 wing player from Wichita who was the Jayhawk Conference (pretty stout juco league) freshman of the year last year. Looks like he averaged around 13-14 as a frosh, 3.5 boards and shot around 38 percent from 3-point range.

They apparently were in Norman for the Arizona game. So keep an eye on them I guess.

Last edited:
OU Insider lists Goff as 6'8" and 235 lbs., so hopefully he can be a help on the boards...

If you're the freshman of the year in that conference, you definitely have the potential to be an impact player at the Division I level.

Never understood why players transferred within the conference in that league, a few guys did it when I was there. The conference mandates that a player which goes that route must sit out a year, therefore, burning the player's redshirt.

Sign both of them... They will both be solid contributors at OU and they fit position needs.

After those two hold out for Ricardo Ratliffe or Terrence Jones.

Did some checking and both of these players followed the head coach from Cowley when he took over the Hutchinson job. Coach is Steve Eck who coached Taj Gray at Redlands. I doubt he is allowing them to sit out at Hutchinson and then leave without ever playing another minute for him, even though it probably be in the best interest of the players.

Did some checking and both of these players followed the head coach from Cowley when he took over the Hutchinson job. Coach is Steve Eck who coached Taj Gray at Redlands. I doubt he is allowing them to sit out at Hutchinson and then leave without ever playing another minute for him, even though it probably be in the best interest of the players.

This.

But he'll have no choice if they meet their credits. You can't transfer in the Jayhawk league without having to sit out a year. If they would have transfered elsewhere, they would be OK. Goff needs the year. Poland will probably be one of the leading scorers in Juco when he plays next year. He's alot like Ebi.

Eck's a good coach.

Back