Just looked at the Big 12 standings ...

Sam

Reaction score
... if we had just held on in College Station and Lubbock at 6-2 we would be second in the conference.

normal_Homerdisgust.jpg

It's not crazy to say without the injuries we would be 2nd. In fact we would be, and may even be 7-1. A reasonable person could argue the Nebraska game, the whole team laid an egg.

It's not crazy to say without the injuries we would be 2nd. In fact we would be, and may even be 7-1. A reasonable person could argue the Nebraska game, the whole team laid an egg.

This.

For as bad as we have played at times we aren't that far off from good things. I think that is what's most frustrating because we have seen flashes at just how good this team can be!

When you got David Tairu, Ruben Diaz, and Christian Stayharder, we never had a chance at those games.

We just won a game that IMO will fuel a run for the dance. I expect this team to play up to the expectations that we all had going into this year.

Boomer Sooner :fexas-logo:

now i am confused as to whether we are better than we thought, or if the big 12 is just not as good as we thought.

now i am confused as to whether we are better than we thought, or if the big 12 is just not as good as we thought.

I still think it's one of the stronger conferences in the nation. Maybe not the best as I first thought, but still very strong.

UT is doing what they do best, which is underachieve. Kansas is great. Mizzou is one of those teams that nobody wants to play. Baylor is also a tough team that will get anyone's attention. K-State fits right in there as well.

If OU can keep up the good work and continue to improve, they will be top 20 caliber team as we approach Big XII tournament play.

When you got David Tairu, Ruben Diaz, and Christian Stayharder, we never had a chance at those games.

My goodness.....

Okay, that was funny...

Every post he makes is like that (not funny, but clown-like)... Well, more like 75%, but still.

... if we had just held on in College Station and Lubbock at 6-2 we would be second in the conference.

[/IMG]

as a ksu basketball fan for 14 gloriously horrible seasons, i can tell you this isn't how it works.

ou is nothing close to a 6-2 basketball team.

Please don't get mad at me for saying that. PLEASE.

as a ksu basketball fan for 14 gloriously horrible seasons, i can tell you this isn't how it works.

We can't argue that. The record reflects what they are. They have 6-2 talent, but not 6-2 level of play.

Ohh I understand the flaws and shortcomings of this team I should be happy we have reached 4-4 in conference and sent our two rivals home packing. But knowing that two road games inside the final two minutes were basically toss ups and we lost them both is killing me.

You're right, fatty, when you say the Sooners are nowhere close to a 6-2 team, based on how they've played over the course of the season-to-date. However, they truly are currently playing like a team that COULD BE 6-2 in conference play – or I should say they're playing that way at home.

Now, if OU can start showing some of that same toughness and determination when playing on the road, well…who knows what might happen in the final weeks of Big XII play?

There are only 4 losses that I want back. The 2 at the Alaska shootout and @ A&M and Tech.

OU gave the leads away in the 2 conference games, which would have made them a "qualified" 4-2 team. I am not gonna let a KSU fan tell me otherwise.

Yes, OU lost those 2 games and have some other really bad losses this season. They are a young, immature team, that is definitely not depleted of enough talent to win out at home and take 2 games on the road(CU and OSU). That would make them 18-11 and 9-7 in arguably the toughest conference in the country.

Question is, if that best case scenario panned out, would OU make the tourney? My guess is yes, but with a win or 2 in the Big 12 tourney.

Back