Kansas could win the league by 5 games

seniorsooner

Reaction score
It's going to be no less than 3. This is getting kind of embarrassing, fellas.

KU will drop a couple in league play. It just depends on the rest.

It will be closer than 5.

The Big 12 needs a salary cap (and a salary minimum for NU and ISU).

Really the only game I can see them having a chance of losing is at A&M. Their two other road games remaining are OSU and Missouri, and I don't think either of them have the horses to beat them, even at home. I won't even mention home games since there's virtually no chance of them losing at home.

KU will drop a couple in league play. It just depends on the rest.

It will be closer than 5.

I think KU loses 1 game. I don't see anyone other than KSU being within 4 games though. And maybe not them. I never would have guessed it. The rest of the league has been a bit of a disappointment other than KSU.
KU is just always on a different level defensively and in sharing the ball. The way Self gets his team to do that is unbelievable. He's the best coach in the country.

Where?

Is the rest of the league going to keep winning?

I'm guessing 2nd place @ somewhere near 11-5. Probably KSU.

I think KU will lose @ A&M, and possibly in Columbia. That would give them a 3-4 game victory, which is still impressive. Every year about this time someone touts our first place team going undefeated, then it doesn't happen.

kansas ALWAYS has a chance to lose to Missouri. Better kansas teams than this one have lost to worse MU teams in the past.

Better kansas teams than this one have lost to worse MU teams in the past.

I'm not sure about that. There hasn't been many better KU teams than this and worse teams for Mizzou in the same year.
KU could lose just like they could to anyone but it would be a fluke and not your typical KU/Mizzou game where anyone can win each game.

How many times did Raef Lafrentz and Paul Pierce lose to Mizzou?

If I'm not mistaken, they both lost at least three times. The Mizzou teams during those years were awful.

The way they played against Nebraska and Colorado, I don't think its a foregone conclusion that they couldn't slip up a game or 2. We'll see.

KU has shown they can play down (overlook a team, etc) to their competition on the road with the Colorado performance, I suspect they will drop one on the road.

How many times did Raef Lafrentz and Paul Pierce lose to Mizzou?

If I'm not mistaken, they both lost at least three times. The Mizzou teams during those years were awful.

Hopefully Methzou can beat KU in Columbia.

The rest of the league has been a bit of a disappointment other than KSU.

Really? Other than OU & OSU, I think most of the rest of the conference is either at expectations or exceeding them this season. Baylor, Mizzou, A&M, Tech, CU...

Lot can happen late to change that as well.

They have already beat Baylor in Lawrence.

KU could lose just like they could to anyone but it would be a fluke

should we even have march madness this year? You guys beat CU in OT without their arguably best player.. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here you guys are beatable

They play defense at a championship level.

Marcus Morris makes them almost unbeatable by teams in the Big 12. If he is going to averaging 18 and 9 alongside Collins, Aldrich, Henry, and the rest of the crew I don't see anyone beating them unless they hit 15 3's or something....

Winning the Big 12 by 5 is tough any year. I don't see that happening. 3 or 4 will be the margin, the will most likely win the Conference Tourny, be a 1 seed, and then from there who knows.

Back