Kansas in-home with Terrence Jones tonight

Terrance, Lawrence is a dangerous place. You can not even walk to class without being assaulted or pushed down stairs. Just saw no to the hair piece.

Do we not have an update on our in home visit with him? I am guessing it didnt go great since there are no comments regarding how it went or future visits

Terrance, Lawrence is a dangerous place. You can not even walk to class without being assaulted or pushed down stairs. Just saw no to the hair piece.

According to The Kansas City Star, this fatal rivalry between the football and basketball team has been going on for five years. You don't want to go to a place like that...

Do we not have an update on our in home visit with him? I am guessing it didnt go great since there are no comments regarding how it went or future visits

I would assume that it went fine, lucky. We don't get info on in-homes unless the player tells OUHoops.com or one of national sites.

I wouldnt think this would be the best time for Self to have a visit, right after his basketball team and football team got in a big fight.

Not the best time to sell a product.

lol, I won't chime in on the stuff going on between bball and football players at KU.

I will say: Come to OU and help build a dynasty, TJ.

Be that guy years from now who will always be remembered as the guy who helped OU bring home its first national championship. Be a legend.

I wouldnt think this would be the best time for Self to have a visit, right after his basketball team and football team got in a big fight.
Not the best time to sell a product.

I agree. If Self signs anybody any good this year it will be a shocker and speak volumes to him as a coach.

I agree. If Self signs anybody any good this year it will be a shocker and speak volumes to him as a coach.

Do you have to respond to everything that you perceive as negative against KU? My man was right. It is very easy for a coach to go to a parent and say that Self runs an undiscipline program right now. Yeah, there is a ton of success that Self can point to, but his team and the ignorance of Tyshawn Taylor have definetely given opposing coaches ammo in these recruiting wars.

Nah. Bill will take off his toupee, and let TJ rub his bald head for luck. It's worked before...

Do you have to respond to everything that you perceive as negative against KU? My man was right.

Sure. I'm a KU fan as well. Why wouldn't I defend them? The real question is do you have to respond to all my posts about KU in KU threads? What happened at KU this past week won't effect recruiting. What is Calipari going to go after KU's integrity. :ez-roll:
If you truly believe that this will hurt KU's recruiting then my comment that I made in jest is actually spot on. KU won't sign any top recruits.
On a further note, Josh Selby narrowed his huge list down tonight and KU made the cut. I'm shocked Tyshawn's fight with a football player didn't have him eliminating KU.

Contrary to the post I responded to, I believe it's a good time for Self to visit. He can set the record straight if Jones even knows what happened. He can nip it in the bud before any coaches bring it up if that's what you think they will do.
I think it's a great time for Self to sell the program. KU is preseason #1 in all the polls, has won a NC in the last two years and has sent a ton of guys to the NBA lately.

This kind of incident isn't even a blip on the radar for these kids. The parent's may be concerned about it but it will be easy to get past, imo. It is mainly a big deal to media and opposing fans.

do you have to respond to all my posts

Called projection. :p

On a further note, Josh Selby narrowed his huge list down tonight and KU made the cut. I'm shocked Tyshawn's fight with a football player didn't have him eliminating KU.

Maybe him and his mom don't care. She's dealing with World Wide Wes so who knows what goes into their thinking? I guess not Tennessee.

Contrary to the post I responded to, I believe it's a good time for Self to visit. He can set the record straight if Jones even knows what happened.

He certainly can set things straight. He can let them know that he's not going to tolerate the ignorance through twitter displayed by his player and show how he disciplined that guy with suspension.

KU is preseason #1 in all the polls, has won a NC in the last two years and has sent a ton of guys to the NBA lately.

Rooocccccccccck Chaaaaalllkkkkkk JaaaaaaaaaaayHaaaaaaaaaawk

Woo Hoo!!!! KU is the greatest.

Good job on the damage control Chendog
15_damage_control_L.jpg

So for the record does this past weeks transgressions at KU hurt recruiting this year? I say no. But hey, I think Cole Aldrich is a good player so what do I know.
The good thing is that by late Spring/Early Summer we'll know for sure if it hurt recruiting.

Compared to what happened with Calipari at Memphis last year this is nothing.
Yet Calipari went out and signed one of the best classes ever.

So for the record does this past weeks transgressions at KU hurt recruiting this year? I say no. But hey, I think Cole Aldrich is a good player so what do I know.
The good thing is that by late Spring/Early Summer we'll know for sure if it hurt recruiting.

Compared to what happened with Calipari at Memphis last year this is nothing.
Yet Calipari went out and signed one of the best classes ever

I think he's good too! Always have. Slow and awkward, not quickfooted enough to handle Blake or Craig Brackin, but definetely a good player.

No one things KU won't sign good players. They always have. But this stuff doesn't help that trend continue and can be used through inference to help other schools in pursuit of common targets.

I think he's good too! Always have. Slow and awkward, not quickfooted enough to handle Blake or Craig Brackin, but definetely a good player.

:ez-laugh: You called him Ostertag and then later apologized to Ostertag for saying that. You called him a stiff. You said he wasn't a good defender. You are a crazy dude. It's all on the smack board. Go read it. :clap

No one things KU won't sign good players. They always have. But this stuff doesn't help that trend continue and can be used through inference to help other schools in pursuit of common targets.
This doesn't hurt the "trend" of KU's good recruiting at all. I don't think other schools will bring it up because it will look petty. It's not like it was a big huge deal. And most other coaches have had a problem happen in their program and don't want to go there.
Like I said, do you really think Calipari is going to bring up this when he's visiting with Terrence Jones. :ez-laugh:

DM, I see what you're saying here but I think you're stretching with the impact that it might have. I honestly don't think other coaches will bring it up. I seriously doubt that Jeff Capel does any negative recruiting. It is just too risky, especially against an established school that a prospect might really like.

It would be way different if this were an NCAA probe or something about a probation. That would be a big deal. A fight between basketball and football players is no big deal to recruits.

Back