Kansas in-home with Terrence Jones tonight

Richard Peters mentioned in his interview with OUhoops how he did not want to fight with Football players so I think it could be a big deal to some recruits.

DM, I see what you're saying here but I think you're stretching with the impact that it might have. I honestly don't think other coaches will bring it up. I seriously doubt that Jeff Capel does any negative recruiting. It is just too risky, especially against an established school that a prospect might really like.

It would be way different if this were an NCAA probe or something about a probation. That would be a big deal. A fight between basketball and football players is no big deal to recruits.[/QUOTE]

This! Recruits won't give that incident a second thought and neither will their parents.

DM, I see what you're saying here but I think you're stretching with the impact that it might have. I honestly don't think other coaches will bring it up. I seriously doubt that Jeff Capel does any negative recruiting. It is just too risky, especially against an established school that a prospect might really like.
It would be way different if this were an NCAA probe or something about a probation. That would be a big deal. A fight between basketball and football players is no big deal to recruits.

This. Exactly how I feel. Derrick Rose got the snot kicked out of him so bad by a football player over a girl that he had to call off a scheduled press conference because he looked so bad. Then you had the SAT scandal and Memphis had all kinds of guys in trouble and Cal is still bringing in top classes. To the kids it's not that big a deal and easily explained.
And a Coach Cal or Coach Capel or whoever wouldn't bring something like this up because they all know player problems has happened to them as well. It's part of it, unfortunately.

Can't believe people are still talking about this...

So did we ever figure out if KU is out or if the DVDs were too good to pass on.

Back