Lamb update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night at the Phog is not when I would want to take my official to KU if I were in his shoes. I want to see the campus in a "normal" setting.

You guys crack me up! :ez-laugh:
Other than Friday night it was a normal weekend. All day Saturday and all day Sunday were normal. Why does OU like to have recruits in on home football weekends? Because it's a great time to see the campus a buzzing. It's part of the entire college process. It's what the students look forward to.

Other than Friday night it was a normal weekend. All day Saturday and all day Sunday were normal. Why does OU like to have recruits in on home football weekends? Because it's a great time to see the campus a buzzing. It's part of the entire college process. It's what the students look forward to.

Think about it, you are a highly sought after recruit, wouldn't you want to see EACH campus in as "normal" a situation as possible??? Not a typical friday night in Lawrence I think it's safe to say:? Potentially "you" are moving half way across the country for the next few years. The truest possible barometer of the local life is one thing I would look at very hard. The proverbal red carpet is rolled out everywhere you go. If I were said highly sought after recruit, I would want it as "real" as possible in all regards. IMO.

Last edited:

Reality has shown the Latenight hasn't affected KU or UK in getting to, ten talent. The relationship with the coaching staff is by far the biggest attraction to recruits. That relationship can be helped by those other things, but mainly, it player/coach relations.

Reality has shown the Latenight hasn't affected KU or UK in getting to, ten talent. The relationship with the coaching staff is by far the biggest attraction to recruits. That relationship can be helped by those other things, but mainly, it player/coach relations.

Yep. Though it can and is a huge recruiting tool if you combine it with a great coaching staff and a winning program. Can you imagine how tough it would be to turn down Coach Capel after seeing him coaching in front of 16,000 wild fans?

Think about it, you are a highly sought after recruit, wouldn't you want to see EACH campus in as "normal" a situation as possible??? Not a typical friday night in Lawrence I think it's safe to say:? Potentially "you" are moving half way across the country for the next few years. The truest possible barometer of the local life is one thing I would look at very hard. The proverbal red carpet is rolled out everywhere you go. If I were said highly sought after recruit, I would want it as "real" as possible in all regards. IMO.

Obviously you were never a 16-17 year old kid.
And I didn't say Friday night was typical. I said Saturday and Sunday were.
So the recruits had plenty to see what a "typical" day was like on Saturday and/or Sunday. I think you're reaching.

I agree. Player/Coach relations are the biggest thing. That's why KU's recruiting has went even higher under Self. That is why Self has been able to keep guys from entering the draft as early as they could. Totally agree.
And that is a huge, I mean HUGE, benefit to Coach Capel. He's the same way. Kid's love him.
That's why he's taken OU's recruiting to the next level two-fold over where Sampson had it.
But like Grace said, how could OU and Capel's recruiting not go EVEN HIGHER if they had 16,000 crazy fans every night and a packed Midnight Madness event, etc, etc? All this downplaying of the fact an unbelievably supportive fanbase is mind-boggling. Is it the end all be all? No. But it certainly helps. That's why the UNC's, Duke's, KU's, Kentucky's etc always get great talent. It's a big part of the equation. And it's been proven at OU already with the football program. I don't see how or why people would argue that.
IMO, OU's fanbase needs to not make excuses on why Midnight Madness stuff isn't a big deal, on why having a packed house every night isn't that big a deal and embrace the fact it is a big deal and take the OU program even to the NEXT level. Coach Capel is doing his part. Recruiting is doing it's part. The players are working hard and doing their part. Is it too much to ask for the fanbase to do their part? And when I say that I'm not talking about you and all the other great posters here. You guys are passionate. I just think it's time to embrace the fact that is the next step. OU can get there and Coach Capel has proven he can do his part. He already is. Sorry for the rant. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I agree. Player/Coach relations are the biggest thing. That's why KU's recruiting has went even higher under Self. That is why Self has been able to keep guys from entering the draft as early as they could. Totally agree.
And that is a huge, I mean HUGE, benefit to Coach Capel. He's the same way. Kid's love them.
But like Grace said, how could OU and Capel's recruiting not go EVEN HIGHER if they had 16,000 crazy fans every night and a packed Midnight Madness event? All this downplaying of the fact an unbelievably supportive fanbase is mind-boggling. Is it the end all be all? No. But it certainly helps. That's why the UNC's, Duke's, KU's, Kentucky's etc always get great talent. It's a big part of the equation.

Yeah, I don't see how anyone can say it doesn't help. If coaches didn't see a benefit from having Midnight Madness, none of them would do it.

Yeah, I don't see how anyone can say it doesn't help. If coaches didn't see a benefit from having Midnight Madness, none of them would do it.

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Coach Capel have an event his first year at OU and the turnout was low and they didn't do it again?
Coach Capel knows the benefits of a great Midnight Madness event.
I wish OU would get it started again. Or some kind of event. It's a lot of fun.

Eric Bossi reported tonight that he spoke with Doron Lamb's dad and that he said there is a good chance that Doron waits until the Spring to sign. That he may not be able to make a decision by signing day.

Eric Bossi reported tonight that he spoke with Doron Lamb's dad and that he said there is a good chance that Doron waits until the Spring to sign. That he may not be able to make a decision by signing day.

That doesn't bode well for OU in my mind. If that's the case it looks like he may want to see where everyone ends up, like Selby and Knight, before he makes his decision. If that's the case I think OU might not be his top choice. Hope I'm wrong about that.

That doesn't bode well for OU in my mind. If that's the case it looks like he may want to see where everyone ends up, like Selby and Knight, before he makes his decision. If that's the case I think OU might not be his top choice. Hope I'm wrong about that.
I'm the opposite, I like it let the other places like KU and Kentucky fill up with similar players, I think in the end it will be helpful.

I don't think we know anymore than we did before. There's nothing to read into it.
The kid just isn't ready to make a decision. I don't know why that is hard to rationalize. He's allowed to take 5 visits. He's taken two. He has the opportunity to take 3 more all expenses paid mini-vacations to anywhere in the U.S. He has a chance to see 3 more places where he may be spending the next 4 years of his life.
Why in the world would he not take his time and get it right?
There's nothing to read into here people. Just let it all play out.

I'm the opposite, I like it let the other places like KU and Kentucky fill up with similar players, I think in the end it will be helpful.

The problem is that the players that UK and KU are recruiting are waiting until the spring to so someone is going to get left out in the cold completely. The 2010 class is really strange because a lot of teams are still waiting on guys to decide and a lot of the guys left seem gun shy.

I actually think him waiting till spring helps KU because they don't have a huge pressure to sign him and they are waiting on Selby too. It sounds like Selby is the guy they really want.

How many scholarships does UK have to give? Seems like they just signed a huge class and now they have offers out to like 15-20 top players.

Kansas only has 2 seniors leaving, so depending on who else leaves for the draft, that will determine the number of scholarships. They could have 3 underclass guys leave, which means guys, like Lamb, might want to what til the spring to see were they could fit in.

How many scholarships does UK have to give? Seems like they just signed a huge class and now they have offers out to like 15-20 top players.
Wall and Cousins are most likely one and done, Patterson could be leaving as well. Also Cal has shown he isn't shy about showing people the door.

You catch the latest on D-Lamb.

He is still talking about Oklahoma....whatz up with that?

Yes, my boyz Zag has the video.
http://www.zagsblog.com/

And you can also see an interview of Calvin, during his trip to Arizona.

And much more interviews with D-Lamb and Josh Selby ,both visiting Arizona.

Later.

Where is 23???

D-Lamb to ARIZONA....BIG PICK UP...

CALVIN TALKS...

"When he feels comfortable, we'll make a decision," Calvin Lamb said.
Then again, the longer the wait the better UA's chances could get.

"I thought Lamb was going to sign early," said Dave Telep, Scout.com recruiting analyst. "The bottom line is that if these guys decided early, Arizona would be on the outside looking in. This has given them a chance."

BOOK IT.

**see the comment about Gangster U.
http://regulus2.azstarnet.com/comments/index.php?id=323893

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back