Less athletes, more basketball players.....

The problem doesn't lie(correct usage?) with athletes, we need as many of these as we can get our hands on...

It all comes down to getting the player that wants to compete and will buy into what the coach is selling...it doesnt matter what type of player he brings in, if they dont do this the team will not win...

This years group has no chemistry and obviously has not bought into the parts of the game that build a solid foundation...

Only takes 1 of these players to ruin a team...and it isnt always the one that the fans think is that one...and even though i have no basis on this, i think we have more than one on this squad...again, not the ones that fans would immediately point a finger at...

The problem doesn't lie(correct usage?) with athletes, we need as many of these as we can get our hands on...

It all comes down to getting the player that wants to compete and will buy into what the coach is selling...it doesnt matter what type of player he brings in, if they dont do this the team will not win...

This years group has no chemistry and obviously has not bought into the parts of the game that build a solid foundation...

Only takes 1 of these players to ruin a team...and it isnt always the one that the fans think is that one...and even though i have no basis on this, i think we have more than one on this squad...again, not the ones that fans would immediately point a finger at...

Great point and post.

Great post.

Let me add, that, from my experience, it doesn't matter what a coach does, once that bad apple spoils the bunch, it's over. And until you get rid of that bad apple, it's a problem. It will be interesting if we find out who the bad apple is. My guess it will come in the form of a transfer. (In the late '90's it did, a transfer of a McD's guy.)

Last edited:
Cade Davis is by far the best "athlete" on this team. WW could be the best basketball athlete but Cade is faster is every aspect because I've witnessed the drills.

So, now people are saying we need Tim Heskett. Christ almighty.

Kelvin's bubble teams always snuck in. People think there's some magical dividing line between getting in the tourney and being left out. We could have easily missed the tourney three or four more times than we did over the past fifteen years, with a couple bad bounces. We've had approximately 21,624 bad bounces this year.

Kelvin's bubble teams always snuck in. People think there's some magical dividing line between getting in the tourney and being left out. We could have easily missed the tourney three or four more times than we did over the past fifteen years, with a couple bad bounces. We've had approximately 21,624 bad bounces this year.

There's a big difference between boarderline NCAA and boarderline NIT team. And fact is under Kevin there were probably 2 or 3 years where we were really a boarderline NCAA team.

There's a big difference between boarderline NCAA and boarderline NIT team. And fact is under Kevin there were probably 2 or 3 years where we were really a boarderline NCAA team.

BRIGHTON%20SNOWBOARD3.jpg
?

Great post. Would have shortened this thread to one page if you had posted earlier.

Bad bounces aren't why we are losing by 30 points to mediocre teams.

You have to have the toughness to keep a game close, to have a chance.

Back