Less athletes, more basketball players.....

He wasn't in garbage time against oSu Saturday...

I also don't get the sense his teammates respect him like guys respected Heskett. That is probably the thing I failed to post.

He took a charge after the last media timeout. I think it was closer to about 2 minutes left on the clock. Hell, the entire second half was garbage time so anybody that tried during that span should be exonerated of these claims.

He wasn't in garbage time against oSu Saturday...

I also don't get the sense his teammates respect him like guys respected Heskett. That is probably the thing I failed to post.

Some of Cade's teammates don't understand what respect is. That or they respect streetball moves, trash talking, and tattoos.

Cade is probably our best athlete and our best role player. He's a good athlete but that's kinda why we aren't that good right now.

There are two guys who have done exactly that. Crock and Davis. Please don't lump every player together in the same way.

Maybe we have the opposite problem. We have too many role players. :ez-laugh:

Warren is the best athlete on the team IMO

Maybe but Cade is up there in all the athletic drills. He's the fastest player on the team, he plays longer on defense.

He took a charge after the last media timeout. I think it was closer to about 2 minutes left on the clock. Hell, the entire second half was garbage time so anybody that tried during that span should be exonerated of these claims.

I just don't see a guy like Heskett letting Page score on him like Davis did Saturday. I don't see a guy like Heskett letting his team lose by 20+ without at least attempting to send a message with hard fouls, etc.

Maybe but Cade is up there in all the athletic drills. He's the fastest player on the team, he plays longer on defense.

Davis was high on the mile run (not surprising)....I doubt when it comes to cone drill and other quickness drills, he is somewhere in the lower end of the higher end guys.

Maybe we have the opposite problem. We have too many role players. :ez-laugh:

I think this is the problem. I love Cade as much as anyone on this board, but I don't like our chances when he is asked to be the second leading scorer on the team. It's not because I don't think he can score, but it does take away from his effectiveness in the other parts of the game due to fatigue.

Simply getting in a defensive stance would make Davis play longer than Warren.

I just don't see a guy like Heskett letting Page score on him like Davis did Saturday. I don't see a guy like Heskett letting his team lose by 20+ without at least attempting to send a message with hard fouls, etc.

Heskett's last year he averaged about 13 minutes/game. Do you remember any of his last year at OU?

I also doubt Heskett would have started jacking up 3's like Cade did. Even Capel said something to him after one of the timeouts.

Willis was guarding Page most of the game.

I think this is the problem. I love Cade as much as anyone on this board, but I don't like our chances when he is asked to be the second leading scorer on the team. It's not because I don't think he can score, but it does take away from his effectiveness in the other parts of the game due to fatigue.

I agree 100%. When Davis is one of your go to guys you have an issue. From everything I've ever read or heard about the kid he is a great kid.

To backtrack to my originally point about Heskett, there isn't a guy that comes off the bench for this team that provides the energy and toughness he did. All good teams have a good six man. This team not so much.

Back