Lineup

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
I love the fact that Lon hasn’t felt compelled to return Manek to the starting lineup or even give him significant minutes. Some seem to think Lon never mixes up the rotation, but that’s actually not the case. Other than the FF team, he has shown a willingness to play the guys who are playing their minutes the best. But it still takes guts to put a four-year starter on the bench for the vast majority of a game. Maybe Brady will bounce back and start playing better and earning more minutes, but I’m very happy he isn’t just being handed playing time.

Also, how about Hill? He has been called a bad offensive player and used as an example of a player who “hasn’t developed” under Lon. He may never be a huge scorer but I love his game and if he continues to shoot with confidence and give us 7-10 points per game, he is an incredibly valuable player.

Hill has been great, I still don't know how good he'll end up, but if he can avg 10ppg his Jr/Sr year I'd take it. He plays great defense and rebounds well. Him and Victor have really improved. I always liked the potential of this team and was down on next year thinking we would struggle, but we have had some younger guys really step up nicely.

Manek dealing with a tad more than Covid. Some extra lung stuff. Not sure if it’s side effect of covid or not.

Last edited:
Agreed. Tremendous coaching job by Lon going with the hot hand in harkless. What a run!

Manek dealing with a tad more than Covid. Done extra lung stuff. Not sure if it’s side effect of covid or not.

I can't recall if I've mentioned it before, but I have someone dear to me who had covid. Before getting it, she ran 10k five or six times a week. Two or three weeks after the worst of it had passed (she was sick for three weeks), she was exhausted after a very short jog. It's now eight weeks down the road, and she estimates that she's still only at 80%.

That Manek is playing at all is impressive. I hope he's back to something like normal this season, but if he doesn't (and assuming he doesn't return next season), I hope fans will remember him as he was before he got sick, not after.

Last edited:
I can't recall if I've mentioned it before, but I have someone dear to me who had covid. Before getting it, she ran 10k five or six times a week. Two or three weeks after the worst of it had passed (she was sick for three weeks), she was exhausted after a very short job. It's now eight weeks down the road, and she estimates that she's still only at 80%.

That Manek is playing at all is impressive. I hope he's back to something like normal this season, but if he doesn't (and assuming he doesn't return next season), I hope fans will remember him as he was before he got sick, not after.

One of my coworkers is having the same post-covid problems. She can barely walk 10 feet without getting winded. I hope Brady gets completely over this and is healthy for the long-term.

One of my coworkers is having the same post-covid problems. She can barely walk 10 feet without getting winded. I hope Brady gets completely over this and is healthy for the long-term.

with out question..

on an only bball note ... texas is just a bad matchup for Manek .. their bigs are really really athletic and they went small some last night as well.

the KU and WVU bigs are a much better matchup for him .

My painting partner and I both had it... lasted a week. 56 no issues. It’s all individual...

As far as the line-up... whether it’s covid related or not...this new line-up is working. Defense intensity has stepped up.

The only other Texas game I've watched was their game against KU. The stars were aligned for them that day and they won big. Question for anyone who has watched them more than me: Do they always foul that much? Did they just not adjust to the officiating? Was it because they were missing some players? If had hit our usual percentage of free throws, the ending of that game would have been much less nerve-wracking.

with out question..

on an only bball note ... texas is just a bad matchup for Manek .. their bigs are really really athletic and they went small some last night as well.

the KU and WVU bigs are a much better matchup for him .

I think we have to accept the fact that defense is not Brady’s strong suit. Just when you think he has disappeared again, he blocks a shot, takes a charge or gets a key rebound to let everyone know he has value. When he knocks down multiple shots from three, there is no doubt about it.

If you can’t accept the good with the not so good with Brady, it will drive you crazy!

I think we have to accept the fact that defense is not Brady’s strong suit. Just when you think he has disappeared again, he blocks a shot, takes a charge or gets a key rebound to let everyone know he has value. When he knocks down multiple shots from three, there is no doubt about it.

If you can’t accept the good with the not so good with Brady, it will drive you crazy!

Manek is going to help us win a few games later this year...but right now we're better as a guard-oriented defensive team.

Manek is going to help us win a few games later this year...but right now we're better as a guard-oriented defensive team.

To be clear, I’m not endorsing Brady’s return to the starting lineup. I think everyone can see that we’re a better team with our current lineup and the substitution pattern. Props to Brady for recognizing that too!

To be clear, I’m not endorsing Brady’s return to the starting lineup. I think everyone can see that we’re a better team with our current lineup and the substitution pattern. Props to Brady for recognizing that too!

i think we will see his min vary massively from games to game .. depending on matchup ..

from a low of about 8-10 like last night to a high of maybe 20-22

bama plays guards and undersized bigs ... so i would not except big min from either brady or kur ... vic should play a bunch

Back