Lineups

I will play.

Goldwire/???
Johnson/Gibson
Harkless/Hill
J. Groves/Ethan Shagwah
T. Groves/Shagwah/Issanza or Mawein

I don't know why some of ya'll are so impressed with Jalen Hill. He's okay but I think we are bringing in better players than him. Unless he seriously improves his shooting and overall consistency he's going to be riding lots of pine.

I don't know why some of ya'll are so impressed with Jalen Hill. He's okay but I think we are bringing in better players than him. Unless he seriously improves his shooting and overall consistency he's going to be riding lots of pine.

Because some around here don't believe you can say anything negative about an OU player until they are already out the door. Same with coaches, really. It's silly.

I agree with you. Hill appears to have limited upside at this point. I'm far more excited about some of our "new" talent. Doesn't mean Hill won't be given a chance, but I don't think he's shown much to this point.

And stop spelling his name Shagwah. That is dumb. His name is Chargois. It's really not that hard to remember/spell.

Because some around here don't believe you can say anything negative about an OU player until they are already out the door. Same with coaches, really. It's silly.

I agree with you. Hill appears to have limited upside at this point. I'm far more excited about some of our "new" talent. Doesn't mean Hill won't be given a chance, but I don't think he's shown much to this point.

Sort of like that Manek kid. Is he still going to ORU or Tulsa, as you predicted?

You are saying Jalen Hill doesn't play at all really then?? I think Hill splits time at the 4 or possibly starts there. If Mawein is not ready at all or close, Hill will play lots of minutes at the 4 spot with Ethan Chargois. If Big Rick isn't ready I believe Chargois plays more backing up Groves and a little at the 4 spot behind Hill and Mawein. All depends on Big Rick or Mawein. My guess is one of those guys will be the odd man out.. From the guard spot I think Groves or Noland will be odd man out or limited minutes if I had to pick.

J groves is now 6'9 i doubt he plays much at any spot other than the 4 ..

Lol

1 Goldwire/Cortes/Mason
2 Harkless/Gibson/Noland
3 Johnson/Hill/Noland
4 Groves/ Mawein/ Chargois
5 Groves/Chargois/Issanza

1 Goldwire
2 Gibson/Johnson
3 Harkless/Hill
4 J. Groves/Chargois
5 T. Groves/Mawein

Moved Gibson ahead of Johnson. Gibson is the better shooter, Johnson has the better size.

Really think both Groves brothers start.

I kind of like Boulder's lineup for now. When we get a chance to see all the new guys, then I might change my mind. Mawein and Johnson are really intriguing.

What I love about this roster is the overall collection of talent. I can see the competitiveness in practice every day really bringing this team along quickly.

It's up to Moser to figure out the pieces but I like the talent level.

What I love about this roster is the overall collection of talent. I can see the competitiveness in practice every day really bringing this team along quickly.

It's up to Moser to figure out the pieces but I like the talent level.

And it's having quality players coming off the bench, which then allows the starters to not have to play an overextended amount of time, which it turn keeps them fresh and more productive when in the game.

I’m betting Johnson comes off the bench. Jalen was a good defender and rebounded well. He needs to finish more and shoot better. Both of which should improve with an off season. He missed a bunch of practice last year with contact tracing.

Other than Tanner, I'm not sure we brought in anybody clearly better than Hill. Certainly closer to none than all.

I like that Hill was our 2nd best defender & best hustler. He’s a good rebounder, screener, & good feel of spacing & movement off the ball. I think Moser’s system fits him well.

I expect Hill to start and/or play starter minutes. Great defender and plays multiple positions. Didn’t look to score much his first two years, which makes sense given the fact he had guys like Reaves and Doo and Brady to carry the offense. It’s funny that so many posters who claim to value good basketball players rather than just athletic projects downplay Hill, who does so many subtle things that impact games.

Back