Lineups

I'd take that bet.

The freshman are going to have trouble getting minutes this year. Roster is stacked with proven commodities. That is fine though. Cortes and Mason aren't the kind of recruits that should be coming to a school like OU and playing major minutes day 1.

i think this vastly underrates Cortes .... he is very very good ..

i don't have any idea how good mason is

the 3 is a wing that is not a big ...

I agree and it's still considered the frontcourt. It's semantics but my point is that he was very unproductive in that role last year. Maybe he will make a leap this year. Time will tell.

For the 12,377th time…

It all depends on who you can DEFEND!!!!!!!

Moser doesn’t run a hi low offense. Ie… Kansas.

No traditional 2 post offense. Doesn’t mean he won’t run some hi low stuff.

For the 12,377th time…

It all depends on who you can DEFEND!!!!!!!

I don't see anyone disputing that. For the 13,453rd time. It's all about PRODUCTION!!!!!

If you only produce 4.4 points and 2.9 rebounds in 17 minutes per game on a team crying out for production from the 3/4 spot and the coach is bringing in guys who are better offensively, potentially much better, then you probably need to make a leap offensively yourself or you won't see the court much.

That is why I don't think Chargois will start next to T. Groves.

I'm not saying it couldn't work at all, but that just doesn't seem like the ideal fit to me. I think J. Groves and Mawein "fit" better next to Tanner, but of course they'll have to earn that with their play. Maybe you see Chargois at both spots some off the bench, but starting at the 4 next to T. Groves, I just don't love that idea given Moser's offense.

I'm not saying it couldn't work at all, but that just doesn't seem like the ideal fit to me. I think J. Groves and Mawein "fit" better next to Tanner, but of course they'll have to earn that with their play. Maybe you see Chargois at both spots some off the bench, but starting at the 4 next to T. Groves, I just don't love that idea given Moser's offense.

i agree

I'd bet lots of money that Mason is a RS all the way. Cortes I want/hope plays some at back up pg. I think Jalen Hill plays the 4 lots this year if Big Rick and Juco kid aren't ready for minutes. One of those two have to hit big for us I feel. Guard wise, I'd say Goldwire, Harkless get a majority of the minutes followed by Gibson/Johnson.. Then toss up between Noland or Groves.

i think this vastly underrates Cortes .... he is very very good ..

i don't have any idea how good mason is

I guess we'll see. OU fans tend to overrate our incoming freshman every year. Especially those that aren't in the top 50-75 in their class.

I said it earlier, the ONE thing I think that could get Cortes on the court early is his shooting. If he is able to make 3 point shots at a clip that pretty much requires he play some, he'll find some minutes. Even then, I'd guess it tops out at 10 or so minutes per game. But I'm guessing if OU is an NCAA Tournament team (no reason they shouldn't be), and the upperclassmen play the way they should, I don't see Cortes getting a lot of minutes once conference play starts unless we're blowing teams out.

I guess we'll see. OU fans tend to overrate our incoming freshman every year. Especially those that aren't in the top 50-75 in their class.

I said it earlier, the ONE thing I think that could get Cortes on the court early is his shooting. If he is able to make 3 point shots at a clip that pretty much requires he play some, he'll find some minutes. Even then, I'd guess it tops out at 10 or so minutes per game. But I'm guessing if OU is an NCAA Tournament team (no reason they shouldn't be), and the upperclassmen play the way they should, I don't see Cortes getting a lot of minutes once conference play starts unless we're blowing teams out.

i do agree with you that 10 or so min a game is about right ..

I concur.

We’ll see how good Jacob is. He’s not close to tanner.

The thing I like about this lineup is the flexibility. I think we can win in a lot of different ways.

Bigs that can play inside or out in T Groves and Chagrois
Length/versatility that can guard and create mismatches at multiple positions with Mawein, Hill, J Groves, Marvin Jones
Goldwire and Harkless are swiss army knife guys. They do a little bit of everything.
Gibson is a quick shooter
Noland is a big, strong guard who can attack off the dribble

Throw in that our last three guys are Cortes, Mason, and Issanza, and we're going to be able to play a lot of different styles effectively.

Need a stop?
Goldwire
Harkless
Johnson
Hill
Chagrois

Need a bucket?
Noland
Gibson
Johnson
J Groves
T Groves