Madi Williams McDonald's AA

kimard

Reaction score
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211692867

MADISON WILLIAMS NAMED MCDONALD'S ALL-AMERICAN

NORMAN – Oklahoma women’s basketball signee Madison Williams has been selected to play in the 2018 McDonald’s All-American Game, the organization announced on Tuesday.

Williams, the No. 1 wing and No. 8 overall player in the 2018 signing class according to Prospect Nation, is one of 24 players to earn a selection to the prestigious game.

The Fort Worth, Texas, native will compete on the East team in the 17th annual game on March 28 inside Phillips Arena in Atlanta. The game will be televised at 4 p.m. CT on ESPN2.

Williams averaged 20.0 points per game as a junior at Trinity Valley School, while participating in trials for USA Basketball’s 2016 U16 World Championship Team and the 2017 U17 World Championship Team.

Williams is the seventh Oklahoma signee to earn a selection to the event and joins the likes of Aaryn Ellenberg, Ashley Paris, Courtney Paris, Abi Olajuwon and Amanda Thompson to represent OU at the McDonald's All-American Game.

OU signees Nydia Lampkin, Jessi Murcer, Taylor Robertson and Tatum Veitenheimer were all nominated for the 2018 McDonald’s All-American Game.

For more information on Oklahoma women’s basketball, follow the Sooners on Twitter (@OU_WBBall) or like Oklahoma Sooners Women’s Basketball on Facebook.

Mulkey was the other McDonald's player who played at OU, but they left her out...

there will be 7 players from Texas total....

Of the 24 girls selected, there were several schools that have two or more. Baylor has 4, Tennessee has 3, Texas has 2, UConn has 2, Florida State has 2 and Georgia Tech has 2. The Big 12 has seven McDonalds All-Americans, not bad.

Last edited:
Of the 24 girls selected, there were several schools that have two or more. Baylor has 4, Tennessee has 3, Texas has 2, UConn has 2, Florida State has 2 and Georgia Tech has 2. The Big 12 has seven McDonalds All-Americans, not bad.

I thought Carr who's headed to K St would make the team aswell...

Shainia/Tatum/Llanusa/Madi / 6-6 ???? mystery Brazilian center
or Lampkin
first off the bench Murcer and/or Robertson and hopefully a grad transfer
or juco transfer.

Tennessee gets 7 McDonald’s in 2 years. They should be scary good in a couple of years. It will be on Holly to coach the kids. If Holly doesn't make the final four in a couple of years then she will be compared to Karen. I don't see her being Karen because she is trusting her young kids already but we will see.

Tennessee gets 7 McDonald’s in 2 years. They should be scary good in a couple of years. It will be on Holly to coach the kids. If Holly doesn't make the final four in a couple of years then she will be compared to Karen. I don't see her being Karen because she is trusting her young kids already but we will see.

What’s up with Patterson? I was expecting her to have more of an impact, even thought she might start, I think she would be used more had some come to OU...

or Lampkin
or juco transfer.

Tatum
Shay
Ana
Madi
Ej
Penzo
Lampkins
Robertson
Mandy
Jessi
Aspen
Rich
This looks like a faster more athletic team, but the best part is with the group being so young maybe Sherri can get them to play the way she wants them to play... with effort, energy, and ball movement. It’s also good to hear that Tatum and Madi enjoy playing defense, if they come into the program wanting to play D it should rub off on the rest of the team...

I saw an interview with Tatum after she got her 3,000 career point, and she not only looks and sounds like Sherri, but she talked about how much of a leader is and that’s just what we need...

What’s up with Patterson? I was expecting her to have more of an impact, even thought she might start, I think she would be used more had some come to OU...

Patterson would have been better off in Oklahoma or UCLA. Her dad didn't want her to go to Texas. So it's a wait and see with her. Karen will have to put out some fires at the end of the year. Wouldn't be surprised if Boothe leaves because she has been bumping heads with the staff about playing time. Patterson is a question mark....go look at some of Patterson tweets and it will have you scratching your head. I have spoken with someone whose close to her and she is on the fence at the moment.

Patterson would have been better off in Oklahoma or UCLA. Her dad didn't want her to go to Texas. So it's a wait and see with her. Karen will have to put out some fires at the end of the year. Wouldn't be surprised if Boothe leaves because she has been bumping heads with the staff about playing time. Patterson is a question mark....go look at some of Patterson tweets and it will have you scratching your head. I have spoken with someone whose close to her and she is on the fence at the moment.

Thanks for the reply, I could see her heading to Huston, still close to home, and she would be able to show off her talents...

I agree with this lineup. I think Lampkin will be the 5th starter. Is it for certain that there is a 7th commit for next year?? Where did this information come from? Is it reliable? God knows we need another BIG.
Unfortunately, knowing SC and her stupidity, she will start Simpson over Lampkin and this other center until late in the season when she finally comes to her senses. I've said it once and I will say it again, I believe had SC started the lineup we have now back from day one, we would have at least one less loss. it's completely obvious to me the five we have now are the only 5 that have any business starting for us, but sadly SC was somewhere else hoping these other players were better than they are and can probably ever be. (EJ STILL has not produced, Simpson is not ready for DI play at her position, Penso can only pass, even after 4 years at OU, and Williams is not a DI player in my opinion).

or Lampkin
or juco transfer.

No the mysterious 7th commit is not confirmed.
Only some vague comment about a 6-6 brazilian center.

in 2019 the aussie center might have committed. but no news there

There you go again. You have no idea what is best for Chasity Patterson. For someone who denies being HornsLewis, you are posting the same exact thing about her Dad here that HornsLewis posted on HornFans.com.

You sure do like gossiping about Texas players on non-Texas message boards, but you don't have the guts to do it on Longhorn boards. Coward.

And, Mulkey hasn't taken Baylor to the Final Four in how many years despite being a #1 seed more often than not?

Mulkey has no choice but to play her freshmen since they account for 4 out her 10 roster players since she keeps running off so many players at the end of every season.

I really do not think Baylor is that good this year. I think Texas will beat them, probably both times, unless they play down with the level of their competition, like they have a couple of times this year. This is a Baylor team I think will get beat out early in the tournament, at least earlier than their seeding. I mean we are pretty bad this year and I really thought we had a shot to beat them had we played consistently.

Sounds like we have someone who will come in and impact the program on a lot of levels... Hopefully Sherri will put the team in a position to win.

25 and 15 at 5’10-6’1... she will probably lead the team in rebounds next year.

There you go again. You have no idea what is best for Chasity Patterson. For someone who denies being HornsLewis, you are posting the same exact thing about her Dad here that HornsLewis posted on HornFans.com.

You sure do like gossiping about Texas players on non-Texas message boards, but you don't have the guts to do it on Longhorn boards. Coward.

Actually I put this on the Baylor board first and if someone got it off of there then they just did. I also typed it on this board back when I said dungee wouldn't stay at Oklahoma. Sooooooo now the coward becomes who? See I never called you a name or anything like this. I just answered a few questions and gave my opinion. Stop with the crying and just read or not read...either way I could careless. It's pretty obvious who knows the game and who has watched these kids play and who hasn't. I respect your opinion about Baylor sucking and your hate for Kim. See the world would be much better if we all just respect one another's opinions. Try it and see how that works for you. Don't be this keyboard thug, because that's when real cowardness comes in. If we aren't face to face then why call names? You see how that works? Now let's respect one another and move on

Skilled up can be annoying at times, and I feel like he’s really a Baylor fan.... but I will say he seems to know a lot about Texas Basketball.... I think he started off bad hear by down talking Nancy, but he turned out to be right, Dungee was good however, not sure she is Williams good and who knows if Williams would have picked OU if the team had Dungee and Ana? He’s also said Green might back out her commitment to Louisville... I heard something Similar maybe she would look at OU.

Back