Madi Williams McDonald's AA

The way he assaulted two teenagers (Mulkey and Dungee) is unacceptable. He put down more than just their athletic ability. We don't really know all about whatever caused Mulkey and Dungee to go elsewhere. We can live without them.

Right now, I'm a bit more interested in Charli Collier's evaluation of Madison and the fact that she averaged over 15 boards and wants to shut down Christyne Williams on defense.

Presuming that he actually looked into either rumor, and didn't just post something

OU does follow Soares. Her twitter account is private. So who knows? We all will have to wait until fall semester.

Madi also made the Jordan brand classic game. Baylor has 4, Texas has 2 and OU and Iowa St has one each...
reading Madi Williams bio, it sounds like she could play in the paint but she could be best used as a small forward... I wonder what will happen with Shay, Ana, Tatum, and Madi one might have to play in a 6th player role and I don’t think it will be Madi or Shay.

https://jordanbrandclassic.com/team/2018-girls-national-team/

So I have been very critical of Sherri, deservedly so, but can someone tell me about the girls coming in next year? Height ranking etc? All guard oriented or is there any inside presence? Can someone list them and their ranking?

Last edited:
Are we really closing the talent gap with Texas and Baylor ?

2018 Prospects Nation Player Rankings

Texas

#1 Charli Collier 6'4"
#6 Sedona Prince 6'7"

Class Ranked #2

Baylor

#2 Aquira DeCosta 6'1"
#3 Nalyssa Smith 6'3"
#5 Honesty Scott-Grayson 5"10"
#27 Queen Egbo 6'3"
#85 Catlin Bickle 6'1"

Baylor Class Ranked #1

UConn Class Ranked #3

OU Class Ranked #9

Will someone please tell me what happened? Write 1000 words telling me I'm stupid or wrong to post these FACTS !

How do you spell recruiting.

I am sick and tired of going to HS WBB games in the Metroplex and seeing Texas and Baylor assistant coaches all the time and only once in a while an OU coach. Aston and Mulkey are high profile and they are there as well.

I am a loyal season ticket holder and make the 400 mile round trip to Norman often. Love SC, want her to stay.

Last edited:
Probably. Baylor and Texas had a good year this year. Can't get five top 100 four years in a row, have to run off five. But, let's look back a year.

2017 Baylor
#5 Alex Morris
#7 Deauzya Richards

2017 Texas
#4 Rellah Boothe
#8 Chasity Patterson
#19 Destiny Littleton

Heard from any of these? Ana Llanusa and Shaina Pellington were, supposedly, #2 and #1 in Big Twelve freshman of the year balloting.

2016 Texas
#1 Joynes Holmes
#10 Alicia Sutton
#50 Jada Underwood

2016 Baylor
#5 Lauren Cox
#25 Natalie Chou
#27 Calveion Landrum

Cox and Holmes have made their names known. Holmes had a setback this year.

One more good year, and we are probably about caught up---not quite.

Even thought Sherri isn’t a strong recruiter, the lack of start players could work well for OU, yes great players want to play with other great players, but you do need role players and Sherri has found a few who should really help even if it’s just to provide shooting next year...

Sybarite has a bit of a point the kids Texas brought in haven’t had the type of impact you expect and with a superstar in the making like Collier joining the team it could push players like Boothe and Littleton down the bench, that wouldn’t be the best thing for team chemistry. Patterson could see her minutes go up with Brook moving on, but I’m hearing Allen-Taylor will also push for playing time.

Baylor has some really good players coming in but 4 of the 5 are post players, there’s talk of Smith moving to the wing, but even still how do you find minutes for her Chou, and Richards? DeCosta will probably get the most minutes early but that should be as a back up to Cox, how many minutes will Scott-Grayson get with Morris in front of her?

Kim and Aston will both have a lot of work keeping everyone happy and on the same page, it’s good to have talent, but it can cause problems as well.

Let's also do a wait and see on the ratings of Texas recruits. For some reason, DFW has had a lot of highly-rated recruits in the past three or four years. That really isn't the history of DFW talent. It has not been a hotbed of women's basketball. Let's see how they pan out.

Holmes has shown she has physical ability. Cox has done well. I think the jury is still out on a lot. It is interesting that while Texas remained in state, Baylor's prime recruits this year were from places like California and New Jersey. (DeCosta and Scott-Grayson).

I am sick and tired of going to HS WBB games in the Metroplex and seeing Texas and Baylor assistant coaches all the time and only once in a while an OU coach. Aston and Mulkey are high profile and they are there as well.

^ This concerns me

Even thought Sherri isn’t a strong recruiter, the lack of start players could work well for OU, yes great players want to play with other great players, but you do need role players and Sherri has found a few who should really help even if it’s just to provide shooting next year...

Sybarite has a bit of a point the kids Texas brought in haven’t had the type of impact you expect and with a superstar in the making like Collier joining the team it could push players like Boothe and Littleton down the bench, that wouldn’t be the best thing for team chemistry. Patterson could see her minutes go up with Brook moving on, but I’m hearing Allen-Taylor will also push for playing time.

Baylor has some really good players coming in but 4 of the 5 are post players, there’s talk of Smith moving to the wing, but even still how do you find minutes for her Chou, and Richards? DeCosta will probably get the most minutes early but that should be as a back up to Cox, how many minutes will Scott-Grayson get with Morris in front of her?

Kim and Aston will both have a lot of work keeping everyone happy and on the same page, it’s good to have talent, but it can cause problems as well.

Definitely having an over abundance of talent is far better problem to have than having a shortage of talent and bodies like the Sooners have.

On some level, you can only worry about what OU is doing.
You give Sherri elite talent and she's shown that we can get back to Final Fours.
Madi and Tatum look like those kids.
Shaina and Ana on the college level have flashed elite play. They've moved beyond potential.

The key though is the two next connective class. 4 straight years of adding top players so you have depth for the freak injury.
i'm fine with signing some long athletic projects as long as they have a plan for developing them and you space out signing them.

Back