Magic Johnson as a General Manager

All things considered, Pelinka did a great job. He absolutely had to wait it out for Kawhi, and it almost worked out. This wasn't plan A or B. Maybe not even C, but at the end of the day, the Lakers are strong title contenders.

From what I have seen, most of these contracts are for two years, which I think is the smart move. I don't think there will be any elite FAs available next year. It should allow us to retool as Lebron enters the final year of his contract, as well as the ability to build some continuity.

Danny Green is a perfect fit for this team. 15M a year is an overpay, but probably worth it to keep the contract short. I imagine he'd have loved to cash in on a 4 year deal somewhere. He's one of the only 3 guys I'd guarantee in the starting lineup.

I'm amazed how this Lakers team went from one of the smallest to probably the biggest in such a short period of time. I remember laughing in the presason about how screwed we were last year if Javale went down. The Lakers can have a reverse-death lineup of sorts with James, Boogie, and Davis. The league has quickly changed to be better able to handle small-ball lineups. Nobody has the personnel to match up with that size.

The turnaround in shooting is almost as dramatic. The Lakers have shooters on shooters on shooters. A few of them can't do anything but shoot. Lebron and Davis will be unstoppable in the pick and roll with all those shooters to space the floor. If the Lakers can add another perimeter defender like Iguodala, there will only be one question left...

Who plays point? I don't really like any of our options, and Caruso may be our best bet (if we keep him). Rondo hasn't been playing defense in years, and he's not a good fit with Lebron on offense. I hope his minutes are limited to when Lebron rests. Cook is a deadly shooter, but he doesn't play much defense. My hope is that it can be KCP. Lebron will likely be the defacto PG on offense, and KCP is the only guy that I think can be an above average defender at the 1.

Good points

Signed Bradley today. I think either he or KCP will start at PG defensively. Just need to add Iggy and we're all set.

Signing Bradley was a great move. So much for the media critics who said The Lakers wouldn't be able to fill out their roster after waiting for Kawhi.

Signing Bradley was a great move. So much for the media critics who said The Lakers wouldn't be able to fill out their roster after waiting for Kawhi.

All things considered I think they did an amazing job of getting good pieces to compliment the two stars. This roster is night and day better than last year's..

Kawhi only signed a 2 year deal with the Clippers (which is the same number of years they control PG for). I think OKC fans will be cheering AGAINST LAC more than they cheer FOR OKC over the next two years. Those picks could become very valuable.

Back