Magic Johnson as a General Manager

It’s not tbd, it’s obvious, & also how is it irrelevant?

It's obvious that Luka is better than Trae + Reddish? And it's obvious that a guy that's 7'3 and has missed approximately half of the games in his career isn't damaged goods? I wish I had a crystal ball, but I don't. You're a Dallas fan, I presume?

It's obvious that Luka is better than Trae + Reddish? And it's obvious that a guy that's 7'3 and has missed approximately half of the games in his career isn't damaged goods? I wish I had a crystal ball, but I don't. You're a Dallas fan, I presume?

Reddish will have to be a starter for it to even be close, which he probably will. Boban signed for really cheap so who cares, & got Porzingis for a headache & a guy who left. I’m a Celtics fan.

Reddish will have to be a starter for it to even be close, which he probably will.

Luka is very good, and he deserved ROY. Acting like Trae can't possibly be in the same league as him is silly, though. And we have no idea how Reddish will turn out. Five years from now he could be anywhere from out of the league to perennial all-pro candidate. In some ways, this trade also allowed Atlanta to trade up and grab Hunter. So many variables -- far from obvious.

Welp Eielson, looks like Kawhi played us like a fiddle. I was done about 3 days ago when I saw how he was dragging it out. Shows how much PG wanted to return to LA, but didn't wanna play with LBJ. I hope our Lakers kick their heads in next season, lol....

And the Thunder fans finally get a real look at the PG the Pacer fans hate. Never been clutch in big moments, and will bail out on you.

Last edited:
WOW. I can't believe what just happened. Jerry freakin West, man. GOAT.

Luka is very good, and he deserved ROY. Acting like Trae can't possibly be in the same league as him is silly, though. And we have no idea how Reddish will turn out. Five years from now he could be anywhere from out of the league to perennial all-pro candidate. In some ways, this trade also allowed Atlanta to trade up and grab Hunter. So many variables -- far from obvious.

My bias is probably blinding me bc I don’t like Trae’s game but my main point was that Dallas has a plan & is executing it well. Atlanta finally is making sense after 8 years.

The East will be wide open next year. West is a dog fight. A smart superstar might have stayed in the East and had a cakewalk to the finals. LeBron won some Championships using this strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The East will be wide open next year. West is a dog fight. A smart superstar might have stayed in the East and had a cakewalk to the finals. LeBron won some Championships using this strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think KL cares about "just" winning Championships at this point. He has two on two different teams. This was about going home. And building "his" team.

I love the moves the Lakers have made after waiting so long. I'm thinking Pelinka isn't the one who struggled as much as it was Magic. To snag Green, Cousins, and Cook, and to also keep McGee, Rondo,and KCP, then adding a vet shooter in Daniels, and a goon in Dudley, they have maxed what they could do after Kwahi kept em on a hook for almost 2 weeks. I like this roster much better than LBJ's yr one cast. Not many teams in the west can match up with LBJ and AD in the paint. If they get anything from the perimeter, it will be interesting......

I love the moves the Lakers have made after waiting so long. I'm thinking Pelinka isn't the one who struggled as much as it was Magic. To snag Green, Cousins, and Cook, and to also keep McGee, Rondo,and KCP, then adding a vet shooter in Daniels, and a goon in Dudley, they have maxed what they could do after Kwahi kept em on a hook for almost 2 weeks. I like this roster much better than LBJ's yr one cast. Not many teams in the west can match up with LBJ and AD in the paint. If they get anything from the perimeter, it will be interesting......

All things considered, Pelinka did a great job. He absolutely had to wait it out for Kawhi, and it almost worked out. This wasn't plan A or B. Maybe not even C, but at the end of the day, the Lakers are strong title contenders.

From what I have seen, most of these contracts are for two years, which I think is the smart move. I don't think there will be any elite FAs available next year. It should allow us to retool as Lebron enters the final year of his contract, as well as the ability to build some continuity.

Danny Green is a perfect fit for this team. 15M a year is an overpay, but probably worth it to keep the contract short. I imagine he'd have loved to cash in on a 4 year deal somewhere. He's one of the only 3 guys I'd guarantee in the starting lineup.

I'm amazed how this Lakers team went from one of the smallest to probably the biggest in such a short period of time. I remember laughing in the presason about how screwed we were last year if Javale went down. The Lakers can have a reverse-death lineup of sorts with James, Boogie, and Davis. The league has quickly changed to be better able to handle small-ball lineups. Nobody has the personnel to match up with that size.

The turnaround in shooting is almost as dramatic. The Lakers have shooters on shooters on shooters. A few of them can't do anything but shoot. Lebron and Davis will be unstoppable in the pick and roll with all those shooters to space the floor. If the Lakers can add another perimeter defender like Iguodala, there will only be one question left...

Who plays point? I don't really like any of our options, and Caruso may be our best bet (if we keep him). Rondo hasn't been playing defense in years, and he's not a good fit with Lebron on offense. I hope his minutes are limited to when Lebron rests. Cook is a deadly shooter, but he doesn't play much defense. My hope is that it can be KCP. Lebron will likely be the defacto PG on offense, and KCP is the only guy that I think can be an above average defender at the 1.

The NBA Championship will run through SoCal this year. Lakers, Clippers, or Warriors.

Back