Magic Johnson as a General Manager

They can trade Smart and get Capela.

Next?

He'd have to give up a pick to unload Smart, and another to get Capela. And then release Rozier. Ainge has been hoarding/overvaluing assets for years, so I don't know why you expect that to change all of the sudden.

And you need another 10M for Adams, so good luck with that.

Celtics and Nets have blatantly tampered with Kyrie and Kemba. I'm willing to bet the league doesn't investigate. Everybody would be outraged if the Lakers did this.

Celtics and Nets have blatantly tampered with Kyrie and Kemba. I'm willing to bet the league doesn't investigate. Everybody would be outraged if the Lakers did this.

Only the Lakers get punished for tampering.....:):)

Looks like KD and Kyrie to Brooklyn, with rumors of DeAndre Jordan following soon.

Only the Lakers get punished for tampering.....:):)

Looks like KD and Kyrie to Brooklyn, with rumors of DeAndre Jordan following soon.

Brooklyn spotted Ainge all their assets for the better part of a decade, and they're still closer to competing for a championship. Maybe Ainge shoulda retired last year for the sake of his reputation.

Brooklyn spotted Ainge all their assets for the better part of a decade, and they're still closer to competing for a championship. Maybe Ainge shoulda retired last year for the sake of his reputation.

Weird how that plays out sometimes. Ainge was the darling of front office managers recently, now he's looking shaky on the job.

Don't really understand Horford to Philly.....

Weird how that plays out sometimes. Ainge was the darling of front office managers recently, now he's looking shaky on the job.

Don't really understand Horford to Philly.....

Horfords a winner and a true professional. He could make Emblid a better player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ainge was the darling of front office managers recently, now he's looking shaky on the job.

How so? Irving was a bad fit. It didn't work out. He wanted to leave. Horford left in part because of that, and in part b/c he wanted more guaranteed money. Boston probably isn't winning a Championship in the next year or two. After that (years 3/4 of that contract), I have a feeling he is going to be in a major decline. You could kind of see it this year.

But what did Ainge do? Turned around and landed Walker in FA. Not only did he land him as a replacement for KI, but he also did it as a sign and trade, and we doubled our available MLE. Still talk that the KI to Brooklyn might be a sign and trade too, which would only help. That was all true a couple of hours ago. I've been playing softball, so I'm catching up. So Boston replaced Irving about as well as you could hope. They kept Tatum and Brown. They kept the Memphis pick. The drafted a guy in Langford that has a pretty high upside, though it'll likely take him a few years to get there. I love where Boston is at right now. Our window got pushed back a few years, but KI and Horford didn't do squat last year, so I'm not sure how losing them "hurts" us. It was either trade KI (and probably Rozier), or trade our young guys. Again, I like where our roster sits today, and I know DA isn't finished. It's nice to know we'll easily be a playoff team next year, and we don't have to tank, or tear it down, or rebuild to have a chance. JMO.

How so? Irving was a bad fit. It didn't work out. He wanted to leave. Horford left in part because of that, and in part b/c he wanted more guaranteed money. Boston probably isn't winning a Championship in the next year or two. After that (years 3/4 of that contract), I have a feeling he is going to be in a major decline. You could kind of see it this year.

But what did Ainge do? Turned around and landed Walker in FA. Not only did he land him as a replacement for KI, but he also did it as a sign and trade, and we doubled our available MLE. Still talk that the KI to Brooklyn might be a sign and trade too, which would only help. That was all true a couple of hours ago. I've been playing softball, so I'm catching up. So Boston replaced Irving about as well as you could hope. They kept Tatum and Brown. They kept the Memphis pick. The drafted a guy in Langford that has a pretty high upside, though it'll likely take him a few years to get there. I love where Boston is at right now. Our window got pushed back a few years, but KI and Horford didn't do squat last year, so I'm not sure how losing them "hurts" us. It was either trade KI (and probably Rozier), or trade our young guys. Again, I like where our roster sits today, and I know DA isn't finished. It's nice to know we'll easily be a playoff team next year, and we don't have to tank, or tear it down, or rebuild to have a chance. JMO.

All good points. I was more referring to how most thought Boston was the team to beat in the east, based on how they played with KI out the year before. Ainge seemed to enjoy stockpiling assets for awhile, when some thought he would use them on a blockbuster trade. Getting Kemba was huge to save face after KI left. Obviously they lost depth with Horford, Rozier, and Bayne leaving. I'm not as convinced as some are about Brown. I like Tatum, but not sure Brown is as good as some think.

If they truly had a shot at AD, and Brown was the holdup, then I find fault with Ainge. I would give up Brown just as quick as LA gave up Ingram to get AD. Maybe AD made it clear he didn't wanna be in Boston, which coulda been the holdup. If Kawhi stays in Toronto, you gotta think Boston will be behind them, The Bucks, Philly, and close with Brooklyn. This time last year most thought they were the team to beat in the east, and a threat to GS. Like I said Kemba helps salvage things, but IMO the C's have taken a step back...

So Kawhi's gotta be down to the Lakers and Toronto right? Would he still consider the Clips with no one to go with him? KD's gone, KI, Butler, etc... surely he wouldn't join the Clips as currently constructed would he?

KI and Horford didn't do squat last year, so I'm not sure how losing them "hurts" us.

KI was nearly a 50/40/90 guy last year while putting up 24/7/5. Based off of advanced stats, Kyrie and Horford were Boston's two best player by a very, very wide margin. It wasn't even close.

GSW just traded for D'Angelo Russell. You've got to be freakin kidding me.

GSW just traded for D'Angelo Russell. You've got to be freakin kidding me.

Wow!!! Didn't see that one coming. Iguodala gets shipped to Memphis. I wonder what happens with the GSW backcourt once Klay is healthy. Who goes to the bench?

Horfords a winner and a true professional. He could make Emblid a better player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt he's a good player to have, but I just question the fit in Philly. I know Horford is great at spacing the floor and defending. Just thought he would go someplace where he would be more of the focus on offense. Not many touches left with Embid, Simmons, and Harris.

Wow!!! Didn't see that one coming. Iguodala gets shipped to Memphis. I wonder what happens with the GSW backcourt once Klay is healthy. Who goes to the bench?

They could play all three. Or trade somebody (DLo) once Klay is back. Depending on who the 4/5 guys are, a 1-3 of Curry, DLo, and Klay is pretty salty. A little small, but again, depending on the 4/5 I think it's something that could work.

Sounds like GSW will be without every contributing player last year outside of Steph and Draymond. Iggy, Looney, Cook, and Boogie gone. Possibly Bell. They'll be just fine once Klay heals up, but it's not the simple Russell/KD swap I originally thought.

(Edit: they talked Looney into a very friendly contract)

Last edited:
Lakers sign Jared Dudley. Kind of looks like a hockey team that signs a tough guy to be its enforcer.

Also, Andre Igoudala expected to sign with The Lakers. Another tough guy-now they need to sign Patrick Beverly.

Back