Magic Johnson as a General Manager

So you follow masslive.com for your sports updates? Or just a big Fletcher Mackel fan?

It was posted to a Boston Celtics message board I frequent, and it was mentioned by another sports site who's FB page I follow (thus it was on my feed this morning).

You posted a link from a source nobody has ever heard of on a website nobody has ever heard of.

What were you saying about clown posts, again?

Lakers are championship betting favorites several places.

Where you at, WT??

:ez-roll:

Your favorite NBA team trades for a good player, and I'm the first person you think of? Weird. Strange. And very odd.

When LA moved up SEVERAL spots in the draft and got the 4th pick, that gave them a huge advantage in getting this deal done. If you go back and read my posts, I don't think I said one time after that that LA wasn't probably the favorite.

I still think it's a poor deal with NO unless they have plans to swap Ball and the 4th for something, and I still think the LA franchise is a mess. I'll hold off until I see their final roster, but I'm most likely willing to bet cash money that they don't win a Championship in the next 2 years, regardless of what the Vegas betting lines are.

Your favorite NBA team trades for a good player, and I'm the first person you think of? Weird. Strange. And very odd.

When LA moved up SEVERAL spots in the draft and got the 4th pick, that gave them a huge advantage in getting this deal done. If you go back and read my posts, I don't think I said one time after that that LA wasn't probably the favorite.

I still think it's a poor deal with NO unless they have plans to swap Ball and the 4th for something, and I still think the LA franchise is a mess. I'll hold off until I see their final roster, but I'm most likely willing to bet cash money that they don't win a Championship in the next 2 years, regardless of what the Vegas betting lines are.

I guess it was too much to expect you to come on here and admit you were wrong like a grown man. In some ways, though, this actually makes it better.

Lakers will almost assuredly sign another max player, and Kyrie will likely bolt (as he should). The Lakers are contenders again, and the Celtics are crumbling. This is shaping up to be a great offseason.

To be fair, the Lakers likely didn't have to give up as much as they did. I think they could have kept 2 first round picks and Hart had they negotiated better. The Pelicans are in a great situation for a rebuild. It will be interesting to see what they do with Holiday, and their only bad contracts (Hill, Moore) will come off the books heading into the offseason.

I guess it was too much to expect you to come on here and admit you were wrong like a grown man. In some ways, though, this actually makes it better.

Lakers will almost assuredly sign another max player, and Kyrie will likely bolt (as he should). The Lakers are contenders again, and the Celtics are crumbling. This is shaping up to be a great offseason.

Looking like Kemba may be the next piece. Woj just said many vet minimum type of guys are already talking to LA about filling roles. So much for players not wanting to play with LBJ. I never bought that anyway.

I also meant to post awhile back, I liked Ball and I think he will be a very good NBA PG soon. His defense and court vision are already above average. I also like Caruso to fill a back up role next season. You can't teach heart, hustle, and grit like he has. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays back up PG...

Looking like Kemba may be the next piece. Woj just said many vet minimum type of guys are already talking to LA about filling roles. So much for players not wanting to play with LBJ. I never bought that anyway.

Nobody did. Except WT, who us trying to hold onto a crumbling franchise.

The Lakers window will be small. They need to win it all in the next year or two

The only negative for the Pelicans is Lonzos dad. They need to tell him that as part of the deal he stays with the Lakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Lakers window will be small. They need to win it all in the next year or two

Anthony Davis is 26, and the best player in the NBA to build a franchise around. I'm not completely convinced the Lakers will only have one window. AD will likely be around for 6 years. Lebron's contract comes off the books in 3 years. Unless their leadership is as incompetent as Demps, they'll be able to regroup.

Anthony Davis is 26, and the best player in the NBA to build a franchise around. I'm not completely convinced the Lakers will only have one window. AD will likely be around for 6 years. Lebron's contract comes off the books in 3 years. Unless their leadership is as incompetent as Demps, they'll be able to regroup.

Exactly. Davis will be the face of the franchise for awhile. LBJ's window may be limited.

Has he signed long term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but he's made it very clear he intends to. He'd be walking away from the supermax dollars, and if he left two teams in two consecutive years he would be inviting a reputation he'd much rather avoid. He all but forced his way to LA.

Hearing some very positive things about Kawhi as well. Not saying it's in the bag, but the Lakers are very real contenders for his services. That's a trio that could take down even a healthy/retained Warriors team.

Back