Manek

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
Nice article on him on The Athletic today. Said that when he left, he was looking for a fresh start after the coaching change, and his main goals were to end up with a better seed than the 8-10 range and to make the Sweet 16. He said he was never expecting a run like this when making his decision. The author also notes what many on the board have pointed out: playing with a stud big has freed him up to play almost exclusively on the perimeter offensively. Hubert Davis said he was looking for a stretch four who could play outside and not clutter things up by being in the paint with Bacot.

I'm always conflicted on things like this. I don't want players that transfer away to necessarily find greater success.. but manek seems like a good dude. Also, i hate KU basketball more than any team in sports.. so go UNC

I'm always conflicted on things like this. I don't want players that transfer away to necessarily find greater success.. but manek seems like a good dude. Also, i hate KU basketball more than any team in sports.. so go UNC

I don’t go out of my way to root for guys who transfer out, either. I don’t necessarily root against them…I’m just indifferent. With Brady Manek, I made an exception since he played / lettered 4 years at OU. The NCAA gave everyone a free extra year, and rather than stick around for a brand new head coach, he chose to play that extra year for a school that is the basketball equipment of Oklahoma football. It’s hard to hold that against the young man.

He has surprised me this year but playing with a really good big (something he obviously didn't have at OU) made a big difference in his game.

I hope he has a great game tonight against KU.

I don’t go out of my way to root for guys who transfer out, either. I don’t necessarily root against them…I’m just indifferent. With Brady Manek, I made an exception since he played / lettered 4 years at OU. The NCAA gave everyone a free extra year, and rather than stick around for a brand new head coach, he chose to play that extra year for a school that is the basketball equipment of Oklahoma football. It’s hard to hold that against the young man.

Fair point. Not many schools out there that have the Jordan brand.

Yep. It's like transferring from North Carolina to OU to play football.

Brady Manek is a local guy that played and lettered and four years at OU. He is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma. I wish him well tonight.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1511130725721989129[/TWEET]

Pic is cutoff. Says, "Just another Manek Monday".

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1511131050042433537[/TWEET]

As much as I love ALL OU sports...if my kid was a stud bball guy and had UNC, Duke, UK...and even the dreaded and hated ku...(yes I truly hate them) recruiting him, I'd have to go with one of those schools.

Just like if it was Fball...no question.

As much as I love ALL OU sports...if my kid was a stud bball guy and had UNC, Duke, UK...and even the dreaded and hated ku...(yes I truly hate them) recruiting him, I'd have to go with one of those schools.

So glad Young and Griffin have different fathers.

Just got hit hard in the head. Probably concussed but is staying in the game

Yeah, he would probably have a better college experience at one of those schools than OU...as long as he wasn't under the delusion that going to one of those schools would better prepare him for the NBA. For Brady Manek, it's basically a non-factor...he's not going to be an NBA star no matter what college he went to. But now, he at least has a chance to win a National Championship...Now, if he can just stop getting hit in the head...

I guess he's fine, lol.

Kansas is stupidly leaving him open. Manek up to 9 points.

If Brady has a comparable 2nd half will he be player of the tournament?

If my kid was that good, he could go anywhere he wanted. Except KU. No freaking way would I let my son play ball for ku or bill self. I hate them and could never allow that ****.

Bacot has 12 and 10 at half. He’s the real MVP.

I don't think it'll even be a discussion if UNC wins. Bacot has been the best player in the tournament, singlehandedly destroying teams inside. Prob end up with 3 straight 20 reb games.

Back