Manek

I don't think it'll even be a discussion if UNC wins. Bacot has been the best player in the tournament, singlehandedly destroying teams inside. Prob end up with 3 straight 20 reb games.

I’d give it to Bacot, too, but Manek has hit 3 or more 3s in like 10 straight games. He’s arguably been the best offensive player in the tournament to this point.

If my kid was that good, he could go anywhere he wanted. Except KU. No freaking way would I let my son play ball for ku or bill self. I hate them and could never allow that ****.

This is the correct take

If my kid was that good, he could go anywhere he wanted. Except KU. No freaking way would I let my son play ball for ku or bill self. I hate them and could never allow that ****.

Ya… I grew up in Wichita… I absolutely detest ku… but I’ve been to a couple of games (OU vs ku) and it’s very cool place to play.

Welp he's the goat. Just threw away a ball out of bounds.

Ugh… Danny manning “ that great 88 ku team”… umm they weren’t “great”… but ok

UNC not having another big to guard McCormack cost them dearly. Bacot goes out, Self/KU smartly goes to McCormack with Manek guarding him. Easy peasy.

Last edited:
Once again, Manek’s inability to dribble cost them! If he was any threat to drive it would have freed up so much.

Once again, Manek’s inability to dribble cost them! If he was any threat to drive it would have freed up so much.

What a bad take. Manek was probably their best player tonight. They didn’t get him the ball enough in 2nd half.

Why didn’t they get him the ball? Because he wasn’t open. Why wasn’t he open? Because he can’t create space because he can’t dribble. He didn’t even bounce the ball 10 times tonight. If he could fake a shot, then drive that would do wonders for him.

What a bad take. Manek was probably their best player tonight. They didn’t get him the ball enough in 2nd half.

Why didn’t they get him the ball? Because he wasn’t open. Why wasn’t he open? Because he can’t create space because he can’t dribble. He didn’t even bounce the ball 10 times tonight. If he could fake a shot, then drive that would do wonders for him.

Manek had 13 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks! Do you seriously think he was to blame for that loss? Plenty of blame to go around, but Brady was not one of them!

FFS do we really need to continue bashing Manek? That happened for four years while he was in Norman, and I did it at times myself. But there aren’t many college players his height who can shoot 40 percent from three and dribble and pass and bang in the post. He was brought to Carolina to be a knockdown shooter. I’d say he played that role pretty f***ing well.

Ok, I’ve left the wrong impression so let me clarify. I love Manek! I remember his freshmen year when Tre would pass him the ball and no one knew about his shooting prowess. He was on fire! It didn’t take long for teams to figure out that they couldn’t just leave him open, and my thoughts back then were if he learns how to put the ball on the floor he will be unstoppable. Well unfortunately that skill never manifested. Tonight, when he was open he went 3/3 on his three-point shots. But in the 2nd half they stayed on him and he didn’t hit another shot. His defense and rebounding were superb! They needed his offense in the 2nd half, and it didn’t help that Love was cold as ice.

Ok, I’ve left the wrong impression so let me clarify. I love Manek! I remember his freshmen year when Tre would pass him the ball and no one knew about his shooting prowess. He was on fire! It didn’t take long for teams to figure out that they couldn’t just leave him open, and my thoughts back then were if he learns how to put the ball on the floor he will be unstoppable. Well unfortunately that skill never manifested. Tonight, when he was open he went 3/3 on his three-point shots. But in the 2nd half they stayed on him and he didn’t hit another shot. His defense and rebounding were superb! They needed his offense in the 2nd half, and it didn’t help that Love was cold as ice.

I actually see what you are saying, and didn't take it as a bash Brady post. He played excellent all tournament, and I was praying they won it all last night. I never got down on the kid when he was here, because I recognized he had some issues very familiar to me, because I work with kids in the mental and behavioral health field.

With that said, he could help his abilities at the next level if he ever developed the ability to catch, ball fake, and power dribble a couple of times to free himself up. He's a great shooter, and in the pros here or overseas, they will run him off the line constantly. I hope he develops the ability to create some space, and shots because guys his height who can shoot often get a chance... He's as good as guys like Bertans in my opinion.

UNC starting guards 5-24 and 5-17 against the very very good KU Defense

Bacot 3-13 against the very very good KU defense

Back