Mark Rogers and Jim Traber

thebigabd

Reaction score
Rogers and Traber seem to agree that OSU has an opportunity to put the nail in OU's coffin tonight. They were saying if OU loses tonight they may tank the season and it will turn into a total disaster. The fan base will lose interest, the team will tank, etc.

They did acknowledge that the season is already a disaster, but they seem to think tonight is the "moment of truth" so to speak for the OU basketball team.

Is it that important? Is it make or break?

I actually believe this is a very serious dilemma for the program.

IMO, this season has already pretty much turned into a disaster.

Yea, they said it was already a disaster, but they were talking about only winning a couple of games in the Big 12 if OU doesn't win this one.

The fire is already burning out of control, a loss tonight will just be like throwing more gas on it.

Yea, they said it was already a disaster, but they were talking about only winning a couple of games in the Big 12 if OU doesn't win this one.

Yeah, I can see that. I guess you can also say it's not a total disaster until we've played ourselves out of the NIT, which a loss tonight would probably go a long way toward helping us accomplish.

They did both pick OU.

And I agree with the entire conversation about the nail in the coffin.

Think of this way, if OU cannot come out and play inspired tonight after getting their asses handed to them already 7 times this season, playing at home on Big Monday against their second biggest rival, (kansas) when will they?

Oklahoma State is not a rival. They are the little step brother. When Capel took the job he said we will beat Texas. He didn't mention little aggy.

I didn't hear them make picks...

I'm pretty sure Traber said something along the lines of OSU is the better team right now, but this is the ideal chance for the sooners to come together and make a statement. The season has been bad so far but this is a chance based on the rivalry and what should be an excited crowd.

Oklahoma State is not a rival. They are the little step brother. When Capel took the job he said we will beat Texas. He didn't mention little aggy.

This might be the most ridiculous statement you have contributed to this board, and that is saying something. OSU is our biggest basketball rival.

Feels like we have said "this game is a must win" a half a dozen times...to no avail. I am going to try and reverse the trend by saying this one doesn't matter, just another conference game.

This might be the most ridiculous statement you have contributed to this board, and that is saying something. OSU is our biggest basketball rival.

"our" means who? Most alums I know don't even pay attention to them. We are the University of Oklahoma. They are the second class citizen. Texas is the #1 rival.

A. The Aggies are our biggest basketball rival. Hands down.

B. A loss today is the nail in the coffin. After that its regrouping and attempting to make the NIT. Win today and we're looking at trying to get a home game in the NIT and gaining momentum into a part of the conference schedule where we could have a little success.

"our" means who? Most alums I know don't even pay attention to them. We are the University of Oklahoma. They are the second class citizen. Texas is the #1 rival.

I think Oklahoma State is the biggest rival for OU in basketball... I never felt like Texas was public enemy #1 for OU in hoops.

I totally agree with them...if we play inspired, win, and use that momentum, we have an outside shot at still sneaking into the tournament (good run in conference, plus a couple of wins in the Big 12 tournament).

A home loss against a rival after a 30-point shellacking to start the Big 12 season pretty much puts us in the bottom 3 of the conference.

What is his record vs. Texas? 1-5 or 1-6 with a bunch of blowout losses.

Back