Mark Rogers and Jim Traber

I feel like people keep holding out hope when there is none. This team is not good. We will lose tonight because OSU is much better than we are. We will finish 4-12 in the league at best and will finish below .500 overall for the first time since 1981. There will be no postseason play of any kind. Don't get mad at me, I'm just stating reality.

Oklahoma State is not a rival. They are the little step brother. When Capel took the job he said we will beat Texas. He didn't mention little aggy.

The aggies have had an elite 8 and final 4 run in the last 6 years. Final 4 in 95 elite 8 in 2000. Yea they have to be respected.

If OU loses tonight there's a good chance they may have won their last game of the season.

If OU loses tonight there's a good chance they may have won their last game of the season.

I wouldn't go to that extreme. OSU is a tournament team this year. There will be less talented teams than osu coming to Norman. We won't go winless in the conference.

Even if we lose tonight we have some winnable home games, and we could win at Nebraska.

With Mizzou at home then back to back road games at TT and a$m, this is a tough start to get momentum.

At this point i really have no clue if we can win a game until i see it happen...

Not saying they wont or cant, but it is a crap shoot on which team shows up....hell, its a crap shoot on which team comes out of each timeout...

I wouldn't go to that extreme. OSU is a tournament team this year. There will be less talented teams than osu coming to Norman. We won't go winless in the conference.

I'm not saying it's because OSU is that bad. I'm saying it's snowballing that way because this team has serious issues and if they don't get something together soon it could be at a point where this team just quits and just doesn't even care. I don't know if there's ever been an OU team I can remember in such a need for a win. The closest I can think of is when Sampson won his first tournament game against Arizona.

I feel like people keep holding out hope when there is none. This team is not good. We will lose tonight because OSU is much better than we are. We will finish 4-12 in the league at best and will finish below .500 overall for the first time since 1981. There will be no postseason play of any kind. Don't get mad at me, I'm just stating reality.

Agree completely. It's time to get this idea out of your head. Just hope and pray that we can begin to make some improvement from game to game and look towards building for next year. A team getting thoroughly destroyed like we are is not going to play in any postseason tournament.

I'm not saying it's because OSU is that bad. I'm saying it's snowballing that way because this team has serious issues and if they don't get something together soon it could be at a point where this team just quits and just doesn't even care. I don't know if there's ever been an OU team I can remember in such a need for a win. The closest I can think of is when Sampson won his first tournament game against Arizona.

Well it's hard to compare much of anything to this season, but we faced some pretty dire straits during the 07-08 season when it came to getting into the tourney. There were some absolutely critical games and we seemed to come out on top in most if not all of them. Not the case this year.

Agree completely. It's time to get this idea out of your head. Just hope and pray that we can begin to make some improvement from game to game and look towards building for next year. A team getting thoroughly destroyed like we are is not going to play in any postseason tournament.

This. Obviously this is an immensely disappointing season but we can still try to improve from game to game. That's all I'm hoping for and expecting at this point: improvement. If we aren't better by the end of conference play than we are now I am going to be extremely concerned.

That team seemed to play defense though. We just had some deficiencies on offense because they were young. We are actually averaging about 78 a game this year. We can't come close to stopping anyone.

At this point i really have no clue if we can win a game until i see it happen...

Not saying they wont or cant, but it is a crap shoot on which team shows up....hell, its a crap shoot on which team comes out of each timeout...

Edmond, I wouldn't even go that far as to say it's a crap shoot. Based on what I've seen so far, they won't show up

Even if we lose tonight we have some winnable home games, and we could win at Nebraska.

I would put some money on OU losing at Nebraska. They just got their best player eligible and in his first college game had 13/7 against a very good A&M frontcourt. They were winning down the stretch and then gave up a big run and A&M won by 10 or so, but Nebraska showed once again that they are going to fight, claw, and scratch and beating them won't beat easy, especially on the road.

Until this team proves to me otherwise I don't see them winning a single road game in conference.

Until this team proves to me otherwise I don't see them winning a single road game in conference.

I agree and we will have a tough time with a lot of home games too. Here's our home games the rest of the year.

Oklahoma State
Missouri
Iowa State
Texas
Texas Tech
Kansas State
Baylor
A&M

There's only about 2 or 3 of those I really think we can win. Oklahoma State, Iowa State, A&M and maybe Tech. But those are all losable games also. This thing could easily snowball on OU and we could see an 0-16 season with this team if they just quit.

Back