Mark Rogers and Jim Traber

I would put some money on OU losing at Nebraska. They just got their best player eligible and in his first college game had 13/7 against a very good A&M frontcourt. They were winning down the stretch and then gave up a big run and A&M won by 10 or so, but Nebraska showed once again that they are going to fight, claw, and scratch and beating them won't beat easy, especially on the road.

Dave Armstrong was on the radio here in KC this am. He said the kid at NU to whom you are referring scored all those points and NU didn't call a single play for him. They haven't really worked him into the offense yet and he still scored 13 points.

Sadler will eat Capel's lunch just like he has each of the last 2 years. This one will be ugly. I bet we barely score 20 points each half. Probably lose something like 62-41.

Dave Armstrong was on the radio here in KC this am. He said the kid at NU to whom you are referring scored all those points and NU didn't call a single play for him. They haven't really worked him into the offense yet and he still scored 13 points.

Yea, Standhardinger is going to be a great player at Nebraska. Their center is a freshman too, and he is pretty good at 6'11''. Nebraska is going to make a big jump next year, IMO.

Sadler will eat Capel's lunch just like he has each of the last 2 years. This one will be ugly. I bet we barely score 20 points each half. Probably lose something like 62-41.

Sadler is from the Iba coaching tree, and nobody plays harder or plays better man to man defense than Nebraska. He also gets a lot of credited for getting every ounce possible out of his players, but he is getting more and more talented. His core of Standhardinger, Jones (who made a top 25 national freshman list), and Diaz is going to be very good to build around.

I feel like people keep holding out hope when there is none. This team is not good. We will lose tonight because OSU is much better than we are. We will finish 4-12 in the league at best and will finish below .500 overall for the first time since 1981. There will be no postseason play of any kind. Don't get mad at me, I'm just stating reality.

Agree 110% There are several delusional comments on this board by some fans who think we are going to improve alot.... their reason being is "just because". This line of thinking is absurd and is not based in reality. This team stinks and it starts at the top. Recruiting, coaching, effort, and execution have been ok at times this season, but really bad for many stretches of too many ballgames. Capel should get a pass for this year, but if significant improvement is not realized by this time next season.....then I don't think he is the answer for this program and we should cut our losses....sorry...just my .02 cents.

Back