Mason-Griffin vs Penn: Round 1

HoHum

Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk on the board in the last year about these two, it'll be exciting to see them face off for the first time at the collegiate level.

Mason-Griffin so far: 10.9 ppg, 4.9 apg, 2.1 TO, 2.29 A/TO, 39% from the field, 42% from three.

Penn so far: 8.1 ppg, 2.8 apg, 1.5 TO, 1.91 A/To 38% from the field, 29% from three.

Mason-Griffin looks more polished on offense and a much better outside shooter, but Penn has really been much better than expected on defense. He (along with Fred Gulley) held John Roberson to zero points for the first time in his collegiate career.

He also held Josh White (averaging 15.3 points a game) of UNT to 4 points.

I sure hope they end up guarding each other the majority of the game should be a nice subplot to the game.

Penn likely holds an advantage in arriving at team events on time.

I have really been impressed at Penns ability to play within himself. He doesn't make the typical freshman mistakes.

TMG probably has a much bigger up side. He has much more potentail. However he doesn't have James Anderson to pass the ball to if all else fails.

Wait TMG is in the UFC now? You'd think he would have an easier first fight than BJ!

All kidding aside I hope TMG understands that this is OU vs. OSU! GO OU!

Back