Mayor Greg Swaim

perryj74

Reaction score
From the Enid News and Eagle

Swaim wins Garber mayoral post in landslide election win

Staff reports

Greg Swaim was elected Garber mayor Tuesday in a landslide over three other contestants.

Swaim garnered 106 votes, according to unofficial figures from Garfield County Election Board. That gave him 65 percent of the vote to fill the unexpired term.

Next closest was Russell E. Parks, with 30 votes. Kerri Michell Negast received 16 votes, and Linda Johnson had 11.

Swaim ran on a platform of improving the town.

“Economic development is issue No. 1,” he said before the election. “Issue No. 2 is getting the pool going bigger than ever and with more amenities than ever. Third is communication between local government, the school system and the community.”

He said he would like to see more of the buildings downtown occupied. He also would like to re-open the pool, which closed this year.

Swaim also said he wanted to improve communication in the town.

“I’m surprised people don’t know who their council representatives are and what issue are coming up,” he said previously. “I would like to have a Web site for people to find out about that.”

Swaim has lived in Garber for about three years. He is the founder of the Garber radio station 97.7 FM and operates Garber’s cable channel 2.

Swaim holds a bachelor’s and master’s degree in economics and has experience working with government.

Basically, his job as a basketball whatever you want to call it, came crashing down. And mayoring a town with less people in it then some HS graduating classes have, is about all he could come up with. Kind of similiar to what happened to Ryan Austin when his world came crashing down.

How much does a small town Mayor make a year?

I feel sorry for that little town.

Must be a thing about Gregs that try to smear OU and then fall off the map in their professions, because Greg Doyel is running for school board in Cinncinati.

How much does a small town Mayor make a year?

Like most small towns in Oklahoma (Ada included), I'm betting it's a voluntary position that pays nothing. People who run for the city council and are eventually elected mayor of their town, do so because they want to serve their community and/or they enjoy the recognition that comes with being called "Mr Mayor." Swaim would definitely fit into that last category. lol

Must be a thing about Gregs that try to smear OU and then fall off the map in their professions, because Greg Doyel is running for school board in Cinncinati.

i was searching for something about 6 months ago that Doyel wrote in his "hey day" and all his "latest stuff" was buried so deep in the CNN/SI website it was hard to find it a day later.

anyway, i hope Swaim is "keeping it real" enough to be da Mayor in the track suit and not go corporate look.

Here's a picture from one of the debates.

104808-7.jpg

Not sure which one is Swaim, though.

Interesting sidenote on Swaim, the guy who he convinced to build a multipurpose sports facility is selling it in Stillwater. Swaim gave him a good faith agreement to have his tourneys their and for them to share door profit. The guy built the facility without any AC and Swaim has bailed on him in the Summer months form May-September.

man why can't I find a video of chris farley's "My Dad's Mayor" skit

Bad move for Swaim, now Coach "O" can find him more easily to beat him to death for spreading the rumors about the "extra lengths" that he went to get Willie's signature. Swaim is just not a good person, thought that alone would secure his future in AAU circles for life.

Maybe Greg can parlay this into Governor and then the GOP VP nomination in 2016. :ez-laugh:

Back