MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Alright, sorry was in the ER with the little dude. (We are home, all is well and happy - (croup))

Here is a breakdown with Achor Achor + Zapala added to the big board:
(Zapala being ranked 9th is quite surprising, Achor #1, is not. I cannot state how much I want Achor Achor. I did not think he was possible for us. Would instantly make us a tournament team...without any additions)

1715258006175.png

Do you all want me to keep in our "misses" so we can see where we are recruiting at? Value wise? Or remove bc there is too much clutter now...
I personally like to see where they stood so I can kinda feel for how good of a player we are targeting is. Like Reeves/Kugel/Huie all being on the bottom of the big board make them all meh to me, even though Kugel has "potential".

But to each their own. I don't want to keep cluttering it up if you all don't like it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Alright, sorry was in the ER with the little dude. (We are home, all is well and happy - (croup))

Here is a breakdown with Achor Achor + Zapala added to the big board:
(Zapala being ranked 9th is quite surprising, Achor #1, is not. I cannot state how much I want Achor Achor. I did not think he was possible for us. Would instantly make us a tournament team...without any additions)

View attachment 1806

Do you all want me to keep in our "misses" so we can see where we are recruiting at? Value wise? Or remove bc there is too much clutter now...
I personally like to see where they stood so I can kinda feel for how good of a player we are targeting is. Like Reeves/Kugel/Huie all being on the bottom of the big board make them all meh to me, even though Kugel has "potential".

But to each their own. I don't want to keep cluttering it up if you all don't like it.

Thanks.
Just my two cents but I think misses, in the grand scheme are just as important. The reality of all this is (to me) an evaluation of the coaching staff as well. Woulda coulda etc shows the staffs value to recruits, which in the end is what matters.

Raw/natural talent/size can’t be coached, ya either have it out not. Can you improve on whatever the base is by coaching..?..100% yes.

Like everyone has said, this is the staffs break year. Def would be easier with greater talent so we’ll just wait and see how it goes.

I’ll always cheer for OU, not individuals, but it’s nice to see the players for a couple of years.

Believe the transcript issues are with him attempting to get into auburn… auburn is a much harder school to get into compared to Oklahoma.

Auburn has a 43.7% acceptance rate, while OU has a rate of 73%.
for athletes they just have to meet the min ... at both schools they don't go through the normal admission process ..

Believe the transcript issues are with him attempting to get into auburn… auburn is a much harder school to get into compared to Oklahoma.

Auburn has a 43.7% acceptance rate, while OU has a rate of 73%.
As a graduate of both universities, I'll just tell you that the acceptance rate is a bit misguiding. Auburn is no more difficult to get into than OU is. ESPECIALLY for athletes.

As a graduate of both universities, I'll just tell you that the acceptance rate is a bit misguiding. Auburn is no more difficult to get into than OU is. ESPECIALLY for athletes.
very cool these are also the 2 universities I am most connected to ..

my Father (grandfather ect went to OU ) but my Mother (uncle Grandfather cousins) all went to Auburn and considered it and visited there .. but in the end I was always going to go to OU ... (fathers family is from Oklahoma but i didn't live here until college)

because of this I went to 1 or 2 Auburn home and road games almost every year growing up ..

very cool these are also the 2 universities I am most connected to ..

my Father (grandfather ect went to OU ) but my Mother (uncle Grandfather cousins) all went to Auburn and considered it and visited there .. but in the end I was always going to go to OU ... (fathers family is from Oklahoma but i didn't live here until college)

because of this I went to 1 or 2 Auburn home and road games almost every year growing up ..
Yeah, a bit different for me, but I was born in OK. Both parents met at and graduated from OU. I was running around OU tailgates at 2 years old spouting off player stats haha. Safe to say I was and still am a die-hard Sooner.

We moved to Auburn when I was little because my dad got a job as a Professor out there and I grew up and went to Auburn High. Decided to go to Auburn for undergrad and had a blast but was always a Sooner fan first. Went to the 2016 Sugar Bowl with some of my buddies and was the only one decked out in OU attire.

I ended up at OU to get my MBA and MIT and now live and work in the DFW.

Goodine officially "signed".

"Brycen was one of the best 3-point shooters in the country last season," said Moser. "He can score in a variety of ways and gets his athleticism and length into the game. He has a scorer's mentality combined with a high level of efficiency."

And for Jadon Jones:

"Jadon can impact the game at both ends," said Moser. "He is an elite defender with length and athleticism. He is a high-level shot maker from three, and I love that he helped guide Long Beach State to the NCAA Tournament this past March."

Goodine officially "signed".

NORMAN – Oklahoma head men's basketball coach Porter Moser announced the addition of Fairfield transfer Brycen Goodine to the 2024-25 roster on Thursday.

Goodine played two seasons at Fairfield (2022-24), two seasons at Providence (2020-22) and one season at Syracuse (2019-20), appearing in 95 career games.

"Brycen was one of the best 3-point shooters in the country last season," said Moser. "He can score in a variety of ways and gets his athleticism and length into the game. He has a scorer's mentality combined with a high level of efficiency."

The New Bedford, Mass., product played in 31 games in 2023-24, starting seven contests. Goodine averaged 13.9 points per outing on 49.8% (151-303) from the field, 46.7% (77-165) from three and 76.1% (51-67) from the line. He ranked third in NCAA Division I in catch-and-shoot 3-pointers, knocking down 49% of his shots on four attempts per outing. Goodine added 3.0 rebounds and 1.4 assists per contest.

Against Siena last season, he finished 13 for 18 from the field and registered a career-high 40 points, tying for the 14th-most points in a NCAA DI game in 2023-24. His eight 3-pointers against the Saints tied for 25th. He nearly matched that output against Canisius, finishing with 37 points on 14-for-19 shooting with seven 3-pointers. Goodine tallied 15-plus points on 12 occasions last season.

He prepped at St. Andrew's School in Barrington, R.I., and led the Saints to a 25-8 record as a senior. Goodine guided St. Andrew's to the 2019 New England Prep School Athletic Conference (NEPSAC) Class AA title, earning tournament MVP honors. He was named 2019 NEPSAC AA Class Player of the Year and averaged 21.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game. Goodine was tabbed 2018 Rhode Island Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior.

Before his time in Rhode Island, he attended Bishop Stang High School in Dartmouth, Mass., helping guide Bishop Stang to the 2016 Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) Division III State Championship.

Goodine was labeled a four-star prospect by ESPN, and the No. 77 player in the 2019 ESPN Top 100.

Sorry if already mentioned, but one thing worth noting on Miles -- he should have two years of eligibility left. His first year was the Covid year (i.e., doesn't count), and he suffered a season-ending injury after 6 games in '22-'23. Of course, having two years of eligibility doesn't mean he will use the second year, let alone in Norman (under a new staff??).

Sorry if already mentioned, but one thing worth noting on Miles -- he should have two years of eligibility left. His first year was the Covid year (i.e., doesn't count), and he suffered a season-ending injury after 6 games in '22-'23. Of course, having two years of eligibility doesn't mean he will use the second year, let alone in Norman (under a new staff??).
It wasn't talked about on here, I don't think. Oops.

I definitely put 2 in the YOE (eligibility) column, though.

1715273836943.png

---------

Speaking of the commits...

Officially announced/signed:

Elvis (4/23)
Jones (4/28) ✅ (5/8)
Goodine (4/29) ✅ (5/9)
Miles (5/3)

Back