MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Dumb. Get this dude signed. Best player on the TE4T spreadsheet AND its in our HUGE position of need? Come on moser

Why do you think it’s Moser’s fault he isn’t visiting this weekend? The kid could have a conflict for all we know…you really think Moser is intentionally wanting the visit to happen later?? lol come on man!

I expect Christian Reeves to stay east and go to Clemson
Yep.

Visited Vandy this week but the Commodores are expected to take a kid named Kijani Wright instead. Speaking of Vandy, rumors are they're going to land Michigan State PG AJ Hoggard as well (for $800K).

The OU coaches listened to my great advice on Reeves (he's not good). JUST KIDDING but as you've stated, no visit got scheduled. The pivot, for now, is Achor.

Florida's too deep at C.

Clemson has one center (Lakhin - transfer from Cincy) and Reeves will get more PT/chance to potentially win the starting job. Plus it's closer to his hometown (Charlotte, NC).

@Red.Tornado likes to play the blindfolded bat spinning game before he grabs the compass and goes travelling.

My only working theory as of now... :p
Lol honestly knew it was west, was trying to hurry because BYU has runners on 2nd and 3rd against OSU and didn't want to miss it. (seems like a valid excuse)

Yep.

Visited Vandy this week but the Commodores are expected to take a kid named Kijani Wright instead. Speaking of Vandy, rumors are they're going to land Michigan State PG AJ Hoggard as well (for $800K).

The OU coaches listened to my great advice on Reeves (he's not good). JUST KIDDING but as you've stated, no visit got scheduled. The pivot, for now, is Achor.

Florida's too deep at C.

Clemson has one center (Lakhin - transfer from Cincy) and Reeves will get more PT/chance to potentially win the starting job. Plus it's closer to his hometown (Charlotte, NC).
Oof, Kijani Wright was on my lower list of bigs. But hey, if they can afford it with their entirely rebuilt starting roster...

OU, clearly listens to you more than me! lol jk, I was not that low on Reeves, but would have paid for his bus ticket if I knew Achor Achor was on the table.

Florida, yep.

Why do you think it’s Moser’s fault he isn’t visiting this weekend? The kid could have a conflict for all we know…you really think Moser is intentionally wanting the visit to happen later?? lol come on man!
Wasnt meaning to imply it is his fault but more just get this done. It is his job to sell a vision to the player and to get him to buy it

NORMAN – Oklahoma head men's basketball coach Porter Moser announced the addition of Fairfield transfer Brycen Goodine to the 2024-25 roster on Thursday.

Goodine played two seasons at Fairfield (2022-24), two seasons at Providence (2020-22) and one season at Syracuse (2019-20), appearing in 95 career games.

"Brycen was one of the best 3-point shooters in the country last season," said Moser. "He can score in a variety of ways and gets his athleticism and length into the game. He has a scorer's mentality combined with a high level of efficiency."

The New Bedford, Mass., product played in 31 games in 2023-24, starting seven contests. Goodine averaged 13.9 points per outing on 49.8% (151-303) from the field, 46.7% (77-165) from three and 76.1% (51-67) from the line. He ranked third in NCAA Division I in catch-and-shoot 3-pointers, knocking down 49% of his shots on four attempts per outing. Goodine added 3.0 rebounds and 1.4 assists per contest.

Against Siena last season, he finished 13 for 18 from the field and registered a career-high 40 points, tying for the 14th-most points in a NCAA DI game in 2023-24. His eight 3-pointers against the Saints tied for 25th. He nearly matched that output against Canisius, finishing with 37 points on 14-for-19 shooting with seven 3-pointers. Goodine tallied 15-plus points on 12 occasions last season.

He prepped at St. Andrew's School in Barrington, R.I., and led the Saints to a 25-8 record as a senior. Goodine guided St. Andrew's to the 2019 New England Prep School Athletic Conference (NEPSAC) Class AA title, earning tournament MVP honors. He was named 2019 NEPSAC AA Class Player of the Year and averaged 21.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game. Goodine was tabbed 2018 Rhode Island Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior.

Before his time in Rhode Island, he attended Bishop Stang High School in Dartmouth, Mass., helping guide Bishop Stang to the 2016 Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) Division III State Championship.

Goodine was labeled a four-star prospect by ESPN, and the No. 77 player in the 2019 ESPN Top 100.

HIT RETWEET/LIKE

Starting to wonder two things...

no sourcing obviously, lol.

1. Something up with Elvis?

2. Is the holdup on Achor academics...like it was at Auburn? Can he get into OU? It would be silly to rush the kid to Norman if he can't attend OU. They're probably in the background crossing Ts, dotting Is.

2. Is the holdup on Achor academics...like it was at Auburn? Can he get into OU? It would be silly to rush the kid to Norman if he can't attend OU. They're probably in the background crossing Ts, dotting Is.
Elvis has left the building?

Definitely interesting that elvis hasn't officially signed yet considering he was the first to commit.

Maybe just takes time to get enrolled, paperwork signed and everything. Probably not rolling out highlight videos and welcome posts until everything is completed.

Visits are not automatic just because there is interest expressed. Takes arranging and scheduling. Plus, visits are not as critical as for transfers as high school recruits. These players have been through the visits and the hype and everything. Many know what they are looking for more than likely: NIL, fit on the team, time in the rotation, maybe classes/Majors.

1. I have not heard anything is up with Elvis.

2. You hit the nail on the head.

Maybe just takes time to get enrolled, paperwork signed and everything. Probably not rolling out highlight videos and welcome posts until everything is completed.

Visits are not automatic just because there is interest expressed. Takes arranging and scheduling. Plus, visits are not as critical as for transfers as high school recruits. These players have been through the visits and the hype and everything. Many know what they are looking for more than likely: NIL, fit on the team, time in the rotation, maybe classes/Majors.
Yeah, best guess on Elvis is just timing.

He graduated from Dayton in the last week. He had pics up in his IG story (didn't screenshot them, that's my bad).

Next step is probably happening as we type. Getting signed/enrolled, planning a move, etc. It is a little odd though, I guess. OU MBB on Twitter never hit follow. They did on IG though.

1715281630587.png1715281725885.png

Sorry if already mentioned, but one thing worth noting on Miles -- he should have two years of eligibility left. His first year was the Covid year (i.e., doesn't count), and he suffered a season-ending injury after 6 games in '22-'23. Of course, having two years of eligibility doesn't mean he will use the second year, let alone in Norman (under a new staff??).
he would need to get a medical RS for 22-23 to get the extra year

Back