MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Once you miss the tournament the rest is mute. Moser might as well have gone 0-18. He lost the entire roster anyways

I’d rather go 20-11 and be the first team left out than 8-24…if I had to pick between the two. That’s my only point. If you all actually want to argue both scenarios are the same, then I have no words for you. I’m done with the topic. Some just have to have the last word. I don’t GAF.

I’d rather go 20-11 and be the first team left out than 8-24…if I had to pick between the two. That’s my only point. If you all actually want to argue both scenarios are the same, then I have no words for you. I’m done with the topic. Some just have to have the last word. I don’t GAF.
Some people are simply happily unhappy. If they have nothing to find the bad in then they lose their purpose.

I guess we won’t be able to test your brilliant theory since any OU basketball fan who doesn’t have their head up Moser’s butt certainly has plenty of bad to find without even trying.
I'm not talking about just PM opinions. I'm talking EVERYTHING. If we get new recruits he must suck......if we get visitors we surely won't get them.....if someone transfers out it's something negative...if they transfer in its something negative......the negativity of some people just to be negative is taxing. I just don't see why some people let their pessimism creep into almost every single post. Some people let there dislike for PM jade their view of any ounce of acknowledgement of any steps forward this season...and there were some positive steps. Plus it invades every thread on here. It's like a slow creeping poison.

I'm not happy about not making the tournament but that doesn't make every iota of OU basketball a complete failure.

It is what it is though.

Coward and Achor would be a nice finish to this portal season...

Miles
Jones
Coward
Moore
Achor

That's a HUGE lineup. The ability to go small with Jones, Coward, and Moore in the frontcourt would be amazing. Also, if Moore's not coming back, Coward and Kaluma could fill that space well.

I'm not talking about just PM opinions. I'm talking EVERYTHING. If we get new recruits he must suck......if we get visitors we surely won't get them.....if someone transfers out it's something negative...if they transfer in its something negative......the negativity of some people just to be negative is taxing. I just don't see why some people let their pessimism creep into almost every single post. Some people let there dislike for PM jade their view of any ounce of acknowledgement of any steps forward this season...and there were some positive steps. Plus it invades every thread on here. It's like a slow creeping poison.

I'm not happy about not making the tournament but that doesn't make every iota of OU basketball a complete failure.

It is what it is though.
So you don’t think it is, in fact, bad news that we whiff on every highly coveted visitor? Or that none of the guys we have signed is regarded by unbiased writers as top 200 guys? The news coming out of the program is negative. People aren’t out of line calling a spade a spade on an OU basketball message board.

So you don’t think it is, in fact, bad news that we whiff on every highly coveted visitor? Or that none of the guys we have signed is regarded by unbiased writers as top 200 guys? The news coming out of the program is negative. People aren’t out of line calling a spade a spade on an OU basketball message board.
OU basketball is at its lowest level since Capel. Fans are obviously gonna be negative. But the fans aren’t getting paid millions of dollars to change each others’ minds. I will GLADLY eat crow if Moser gets the team to the tournament next year.

It is what it is though.

Agree. I come to a “Portal Thread” for news. This thread has about 85% bitching and moaning. A number of posters disappear when things are going good and reappear to throw mud. If nothing else set up a Thread-titled “ Negative Nancy” so we do not have to wade through it for news.

On IG, Custer followed an agent with Life Sports Agency.

Coward and Kaluma are in the portal.

I go to bed early and miss the one thot he doesnt follow in like 3 weeks?! Ugh.

Ill pull up the stats for these guys soon and see where they fall.

Updated big board with a new feature...NIL value. I tried to add a linear equation to help configure the value of a player. (Score of 40 being $50k, score of 100 being $1.5m as a reasonable offer. Edey is a 100 player btw)

1715346239754.png

-Added Coward (Between Moore/Godwin)
-Added Kaluma (Between McCollum/Uzan)
-Removed Reeves since we didn't really have a huge shot at him when the 4 came out, so not a MISS to me.

Should I keep Kugel and Huie for now? Since this isn't really full contact players, but potential? I dont really want to add another color to muddy it up more than it is.

Agree. I come to a “Portal Thread” for news. This thread has about 85% bitching and moaning. A number of posters disappear when things are going good and reappear to throw mud. If nothing else set up a Thread-titled “ Negative Nancy” so we do not have to wade through it for news.
People commenting on the players we are/aren’t signing is 100 percent on topic in this thread. If you can’t handle that, you probably should reconsider whether to visit message boards.

And the “people disappear when things are going well” thing is so tired and inaccurate. But I guess it’s hard to know because in three seasons, things have never actually gone well for the program (and no, beating cupcakes in November and December doesn’t qualify as legitimately accomplishing anything).

Miles/Forsythe
Elvis/Goodine
Kaluma or Coward/Jones/Atak
Moore/Cole/Northweather
Achor/Godwin/Keita

This would by far be one of Moser’s most athletic teams…

Would make sense that we are targeting a small forward since the coaching staff is very high on Elvis.

Leaves you with Goodine, Jones, and Godwin getting playing time off the bench… maybe Forsythe if he is ready to contribute?

Samford F Achor Achor​

Intel: Achor Achor put his name in the portal right before it slammed shut. This likely increased his potential NIL value due to the scarcity of talented forwards like Achor. The 6-foot-9 junior averaged 16.1 points, 6.1 rebounds, and 1.5 assists per game this past season, while shooting 58.6% from the field and 43.5% from three.

Auburn has hosted him on a visit, with schools like Oklahoma and Kansas State pushing to get into the mix. There’s also a chance he ends up returning to Samford.

New Mexico F JT Toppin​

Intel: New Mexico power forward JT Toppin, the Mountain West Rookie of the Year, was a late portal addition, but a really good one. The 6-foot-9 freshman averaged 12.4 points and 9.1 rebounds per game this season for the Lobos.

According to sources, Texas and Texas Tech are the current front runners. Schools like Oklahoma and TCU are also trying to get in the mix. Toppin is also going through the NBA Draft process.

Honestly, not a Thunder fan but if I were, I wouldn't want LeBron...at this stage of his career + OKC clearly has a great thing going. No need to add him.

But the NIL? I'M IN. 😂

The James Family Arena (ON-CAMPUS) has a nice ring to it....
the james family is not in the habit of giving away money .. they are in the taking money habit

Miles/Forsythe
Elvis/Goodine
Moore/Cole/Northweather
Achor/Godwin/Keita

Would make sense that we are targeting a small forward since the coaching staff is very high on Elvis.

Leaves you with Goodine, Jones, and Godwin getting playing time off the bench… maybe Forsythe if he is ready to contribute?
There is pretty much a zero percent chance that Jones isn't starting.

There isn't a very big chance that Elvis isn't starting, but of the two, he'd be the one more likely to come off the bench.

Forsythe likely won't start the season as the backup PG. That will be Elvis, or somebody not yet signed. Probably Elvis though.

Miles/Forsythe
Elvis/Goodine
Moore/Cole/Northweather
Achor/Godwin/Keita

I would be happy with those results...again, Achor Achor is tops for me, so that is a must get for a solid chance at a run.

I do find it interesting that Elvis is seen so high. I get that he was a starter, just not as efficient and had solid players around him. Not good on defense and not enough of a stud on offense to really make up for that lack of defense.

Kadary was a high priority, and would have pushed Elvis to the bench ... so the coaching staff may be high on Elvis, but not as high to not over-recruit and almost blow their entire NIL budget on his replacement.

I do think we will hear Moser-speak to tell us how great Elvis is. I still need to see it. As @WichitaSooner has alluded to with our roster, he isn't a go-to takeover type of player. Duke Miles is the only guy we have that can provide that, I think Elvis is easily replaceable as a starter. Heck, if Dayton can start putting it together, he may be starting over him by year's end (or at least getting more minutes)

We may be more fluid this year with how I see it (grouped rotations):

Backcourt: Miles, Goodine, Elvis, Forsythe, Jones, (transfer)
Frontcourt: Achor (pls), Moore, Godwin, Northweather (backend mins)

That is how I see it anyway.

the james family is not in the habit of giving away money .. they are in the taking money habit
I don't cheer for or against Lebron James and don't really follow his career (or the NBA in general), but he has given away a great deal of money to many worthy causes.

I would be happy with those results...again, Achor Achor is tops for me, so that is a must get for a solid chance at a run.

I do find it interesting that Elvis is seen so high. I get that he was a starter, just not as efficient and had solid players around him. Not good on defense and not enough of a stud on offense to really make up for that lack of defense.

Kadary was a high priority, and would have pushed Elvis to the bench ... so the coaching staff may be high on Elvis, but not as high to not over-recruit and almost blow their entire NIL budget on his replacement.

I do think we will hear Moser-speak to tell us how great Elvis is. I still need to see it. As @WichitaSooner has alluded to with our roster, he isn't a go-to takeover type of player. Duke Miles is the only guy we have that can provide that, I think Elvis is easily replaceable as a starter. Heck, if Dayton can start putting it together, he may be starting over him by year's end (or at least getting more minutes)

We may be more fluid this year with how I see it (grouped rotations):

Backcourt: Miles, Goodine, Elvis, Forsythe, Jones, (transfer)
Frontcourt: Achor (pls), Moore, Godwin, Northweather (backend mins)

That is how I see it anyway.
I could see that. It also wouldn't shock me to see Cole take minutes away from Northweather.

Back