MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

There are so many drastically different scenarios that could play out if Bronny came to OU. A national spotlight is guaranteed. Butts in seats, guaranteed. Potential for drama.... extremely high. Probability for success vs failure....50/50. Is it worth it..... unknown. But seems like a make or break decision for Moser if he went that direction .
I see this as a nonstarter unless there is any indication he is remotely interested in OU, which seems wildly improbable. From a basketball standpoint, I don't think there is much question that he would be one of the more talented players on the team. Most evaluators felt like by the end of his senior year, while he was far from a one-and-done guy, he was legitimately a top 40 player and someone who could realistically play in the NBA eventually. Our roster isn't exactly full of those guys.

Also, barring no additions to the starting lineup or improvements while also assuming Elvis starts over Goodine...

Last year starting lineup v. this year:
View attachment 1815

Average score:

56.1 v. 55.3 (borderline tournament starting 5)
We all saw how bad Los was last season. Seeing that Elvis was basically the same player -- ick!!

There are so many drastically different scenarios that could play out if Bronny came to OU. A national spotlight is guaranteed. Butts in seats, guaranteed. Potential for drama.... extremely high. Probability for success vs failure....50/50. Is it worth it..... unknown. But seems like a make or break decision for Moser if he went that direction .
I think a lot of that is being overstated.

First, I fully expect Bronny to stay in the draft is some team agrees ahead of time to draft him. Will that happen? I don't know, but I'd lean towards yes. Probably the Lakers if that is where Lebron is staying. They aren't winning any championships, so might as well draft Bronny and go full circus. I half joke, but I think Lebron isn't wanting to play forever, so he probably wants Bronny in the NBA.

How is Lebron going to attend a bunch of games? Easier when they both played in LA. If Lebron is in LA and Bronny in Norman, no way Lebron makes enough games to impact attendance. I also don't think OU fans would come out in droves to see him sitting in the stands, considering they can literally see him play in OKC when he plays against the Thunder. Did USC attendance soar this year?

Is there anything tying Bronny to OU other than some list of guards in the NBA Draft that might still come back?

Just seems like a long shot, a VERY long shot, no matter how you look at it. I don't see what Moser/OU/Oklahoma can offer Bronny that would be even remotely attractive to him.

I’m going to put this right here. This new roster is one quality big from being a tournament team. We have some guards and wings with some talent, some 3pt shooting ability, & some defensive ability, no superstars but solid ball players.
Our Achilles heal looks to be we have virtually zero low post scoring and rim protection on the roster right now.
I’m curious to see if either of the true Frosh or RS Fr Cole can contribute anything this season.

Buddy Hield played for OU? I had no idea. I wonder why no one has mentioned this before in attempting to pretend that every good season the program has had in the past 100 years was due solely to Buddy.

It's not all Buddy. We had Blake as well.

Outside of those two generational players, we have 2 NCAA tourney wins in the past 20 years (against an 8 seed and a 9 seed). We were above .500 in conference once (9-8).

I’ve only seen a few of the b j stuff on here. PLEASE DO NOT come to OU. Can’t stand his dad. Biggest crybaby …

He wouldn’t have lasted 1 season against Laimbeer, Parish, Rodman, etc takin his butt out every time he drove the lane…🤣🤣

I’ve only seen a few of the b j stuff on here. PLEASE DO NOT come to OU. Can’t stand his dad. Biggest crybaby …

He wouldn’t have lasted 1 season against Laimbeer, Parish, Rodman, etc takin his butt out every time he drove the lane…🤣🤣
I think LeBron would have figured out a way to fare just fine against all of the above, considering he is bigger and stronger than every one of them,

I think LeBron would have figured out a way to fare just fine against all of the above, considering he is bigger and stronger than every one of them,
Most of those guys didn’t give two chits about size. They took ya out however they could. James is the biggest flopper there is… that’s my point.

Not a LBJ fan at all, but this is incredibly absurd.

Back