MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Not a LBJ fan at all, but this is incredibly absurd.
True, but OP has a point that LBJ would not have thrived in the same way with the rules and game of that day. Maybe not as successful, but a great enough athlete, I'm sure he would have adapted.

But it is also absurd to say he was bigger and stronger than 6'11'' 250 Bill Laimbeer and 7'1" 245 Robert Parrish. Throw in 6'10" 250 Rick Mahorn, 6'9" 250 Charles Oakley, and 6'8" 255 Anthony Mason, and I think it's safe to assume LBJ would not be the biggest, strongest guy on the court, and wouldn't have free lanes to the basket.

Would've lasted more than a season but wasn't bigger and stronger than the guys protecting the paint in those days.

But of course, the use of extreme hyperbole to make a point is always in effect on this board.

True, but OP has a point that LBJ would not have thrived in the same way with the rules and game of that day. Maybe not as successful, but a great enough athlete, I'm sure he would have adapted.

But it is also absurd to say he was bigger and stronger than 6'11'' 250 Bill Laimbeer and 7'1" 245 Robert Parrish. Throw in 6'10" 250 Rick Mahorn, 6'9" 250 Charles Oakley, and 6'8" 255 Anthony Mason, and I think it's safe to assume LBJ would not be the biggest, strongest guy on the court, and wouldn't have free lanes to the basket.

Would've lasted more than a season but wasn't bigger and stronger than the guys protecting the paint in those days.

But of course, the use of extreme hyperbole to make a point is always in effect on this board.
LBJ out weighs all the guys you listed ..

LBJ is the same size (maybe heavier) as peak karl malone ..

I’ve only seen a few of the b j stuff on here. PLEASE DO NOT come to OU. Can’t stand his dad. Biggest crybaby …

He wouldn’t have lasted 1 season against Laimbeer, Parish, Rodman, etc takin his butt out every time he drove the lane…🤣🤣
This is really dumb, I don't really like him but he would have been like similar to Magic Johnson, a guy that can play nearly any position. Yes he cries all the time, but that is because it works.

This is really dumb, I don't really like him but he would have been like similar to Magic Johnson, a guy that can play nearly any position. Yes he cries all the time, but that is because it works.
and LBJ's playing weight is 30+lbs heavier than Magic's was at the same height

One thing about it, he wouldn’t have to spend nearly as much time flopping; sans Magic, every one of the aforementioned 80’s guys would be happy to put his arse on the floor for him.

Is the sec math credit rearing its head rn? The big12 obviously doesn’t require the same.

Achor Achor is set to visit KSU next Monday.

If we lose him because he can’t get into OU (for whatever reason), then so be it. But if it’s because KSU is willing to hire some coach??? F that.

So we’re to the point of simply paying these kids to simply play a game…why do we still care so much about academics?? It’s not like a lot of them even care about that or are picking schools due to the degree programs offered. Let’s call it what it is.

He’s a more skilled Dominique Wilkins. He would’ve thrived.

If we lose him because he can’t get into OU (for whatever reason), then so be it. But if it’s because KSU is willing to hire some coach??? F that.

So we’re to the point of simply paying these kids to simply play a game…why do we still care so much about academics?? It’s not like a lot of them even care about that or are picking schools due to the degree programs offered. Let’s call it what it is.
I can’t believe academics is an issue.. It’s amazing how almost 100% of these portal players, have credits transfer flawlessly.. When they transfer every semester/year.. A normal student would have issues

Ou women just did it for an all American!

I may be one of the few or only person here who saw Wilt play for KU and also perform at the KU track relays. Individually I can't think of anyone who has ever played the game thatcould have beat him 1 on 1. And he played darn 48 minutes of every game most of his years in the NBA. Guys like LBJ would never hardly ever make a basket near the rim if Wilt was guarding it especially since the rules have changed from when he was playing that practically mandated 1 on 1 coverage.

I may be one of the few or only person here who saw Wilt play for KU and also perform at the KU track relays. Individually I can't think of anyone who has ever played the game thatcould have beat him 1 on 1. And he played darn 48 minutes of every game most of his years in the NBA. Guys like LBJ would never hardly ever make a basket near the rim if Wilt was guarding it especially since the rules have changed from when he was playing that practically mandated 1 on 1 coverage.

Wilt was amazing by all accounts. An argument could be made he's the real GOAT. The problem with that argument is that he lost nearly every year to a team whose backcourt was led by Bob Cousy. Do we think that Cousy, as great as he was for his time, is even remotely comparable to Lebron? I don't see a world where Bob Cousy is stacking up championships and winning MVP yet Lebron is struggling. That doesn't sound like reality.

Ou women just did it for an all American!

I only like it if it works in our favor! 😁. Does Tang even have an opening on his staff? Or is this some made up position? If so,surely we can find something for him to do.

LBJ out weighs all the guys you listed ..

LBJ is the same size (maybe heavier) as peak karl malone ..
LeBron is listed on the Lakers website at 250 lbs. Of those listed, that would only be heavier than Parrish, and equal or shorter than all those mentioned.

And Malone played at about 260 IIRC.

LeBron is listed on the Lakers website at 250 lbs. Of those listed, that would only be heavier than Parrish, and equal or shorter than all those mentioned.

And Malone played at about 260 IIRC.
If you think any of those guys can match his strength or that he would somehow be intimidated by then, you are delusional. I can somewhat understand if people don’t like LeBron or any given player, but it’s comical how many people fail to acknowledge that he is a physical marvel and is doing things no one else has ever done.

Back