MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I think ncaa can limit # of transfers
Coming from my BIL, who was a pitcher in college. He is firmly on the grounds that, if coaches can transfer unlimited, so should players. It is not fair to commit to a school, the coach to leave, and you to have to sit out a year. That or being told one thing, believing it, and that coach lied to you.

That is his perspective, I am still on the fence of unlimited transfers, but I definitely see both sides of the issue.

Yeah, well, I want haggerty.
I encourage you to go watch some past season TU games. A lot of low scoring first halves. A lot of getting blown by on defense. A lot of late game points and points at the free throws when the game was out of hands.

I saw many games where they were down 18:eek:r 20 and he drives to the lane, throw up a wild shot and get to the line.

Lost to ORU, Little Rock, and UTSA. Terrible teams!

Anyway, him and Pedulla are clout chasers. They want the highest profile team they can get, Haggerty thinks he can play one year high major and go pro. He’s 6 foot 4 and can’t dunk, can’t shoot 3s and is slow.

Last edited:
I encourage you to go watch some past season TU games. A lot of low scoring first halves. A lot of getting blown by on defense. A lot of late game points and points at the free throws when the game was out of hands.

I saw many games where they were down 18:eek:r 20 and he drives to the lane, throw up a wild shot and get to the line.

Lost to ORU, Little Rock, and UTSA. Terrible teams!

Anyway, him and Pedulla are clout chasers. They won’t the highest profile team they can get, Haggerty thinks he can play one year high major and go pro. He’s 6 foot 4 and can’t dunk, can’t shoot 3s and is slow.
Well, I guess we should just play 4 on 5 without a PG. Ricky Grace ain’t walking though that door. Mookie blaylock ain’t walking through that door.

What is your answer at PG?

Coming from my BIL, who was a pitcher in college. He is firmly on the grounds that, if coaches can transfer unlimited, so should players. It is not fair to commit to a school, the coach to leave, and you to have to sit out a year. That or being told one thing, believing it, and that coach lied to you.

That is his perspective, I am still on the fence of unlimited transfers, but I definitely see both sides of the issue.
I think a 19- or 20-year-old student is a very different thing than a professional in his or her 30s, 40s and 50s, who likely has a spouse, children, a mortgage and other adult responsibilities. A collegiate athlete's top priority--and top benefit from playing collegiate ball--should be their education (or at least it should be of equal importance to improving their court skills). I fully understand that we're now light years from that and there's very likely no turning back, but that's the college sports culture millions of fans fell in love with. When college basketball (or any other collegiate sport) becomes purely a job, it's no longer college sports. Let those who want basketball to be their professions at that stage in their lives go play pro ball--in the US or elsewhere--and good luck to all of them. Then let those who care about their educations play as amateurs in college.

In short, there was nothing wrong with the old system. I have no problem with players making some money from t-shirt sales and the like but pay-to-play--and that's where we are--is no longer the collegiate sports millions of us fell in love with. Also? If these 19- and 20-year-olds want to chase the big bucks, then they damned well should have to sign contracts and fully honor them. Right now, they have it better--not in terms of actual dollars, but in every other way--than actual professional athletes, which is absurd.

Well, I guess we should just play 4 on 5 without a PG. Ricky Grace ain’t walking though that door. Mookie blaylock ain’t walking through that door.

What is your answer at PG?
2 or 3 combos that can play the 1 or 2 and seeing if they stick. I like Darthard but he couldn’t move over. No more Maks as “insurance policies “ like Moser called him. Why recruit an “insurance policy “ player?

Soares and Moore were athletic upgrades at the 3 and 4. They need upgrades athletically at the 5 and an athletic upgrade with scoring ability at the 1/2.

The problem is this is sports. It’s not sustainable
In what way? It may not
I think a 19- or 20-year-old student is a very different thing than a professional in his or her 30s, 40s and 50s, who likely has a spouse, children, a mortgage and other adult responsibilities. A collegiate athlete's top priority--and top benefit from playing collegiate ball--should be their education (or at least it should be of equal importance to improving their court skills). I fully understand that we're now light years from that and there's very likely no turning back, but that's the college sports culture millions of fans fell in love with. When college basketball (or any other collegiate sport) becomes purely a job, it's no longer college sports. Let those who want basketball to be their professions at that stage in their lives go play pro ball--in the US or elsewhere--and good luck to all of them. Then let those who care about their educations play as amateurs in college.

In short, there was nothing wrong with the old system. I have no problem with players making some money from t-shirt sales and the like but pay-to-play--and that's where we are--is no longer the collegiate sports millions of us fell in love with. Also? If these 19- and 20-year-olds want to chase the big bucks, then they damned well should have to sign contracts and fully honor them. Right now, they have it better--not in terms of actual dollars, but in every other way--than actual professional athletes, which is absurd.
I suspect many players would be more than happy to sign contracts and be treated like employees. They aren’t the ones who created this situation.

Also, for all the doom and gloom, and all the people who have claimed they no longer care and will stop watching college sports, the ratings are great and the salaries for coaches and ADs and commissioners just keep growing.

There's some buzz growing that Hunter Dickinson could be leaving. That's how KU fans are starting to read into things.

He's not getting drafted, though. Maybe KU wants to get more athletic and HD will play elsewhere. Who knows, I guess.
This was the point I was trying to make about them wanting Garrison more. Great point.

There's some buzz growing that Hunter Dickinson could be leaving. That's how KU fans are starting to read into things.

He's not getting drafted, though. Maybe KU wants to get more athletic and HD will play elsewhere. Who knows, I guess.
Woah really? Idk if it’s true but I’ve seen people on twitter say that Self hates coaching HD. I can’t imagine having the luxury of pushing out an All American if that’s what’s happening.

Back