MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I don’t recall saying that players don’t like him. I think players don’t like missing the tournament and I don’t think his style would be fun to play, and I don’t like him as a coach, but I don’t remember posting anything along the lines of “players dislike Moser.”

Fair enough.

I may have saddled you with the idea. My fault. I have seen guys imply it on here...maybe not you. That being said, I think MOST opinions about him imply guys don't like playing for him and I think there are a lot of outside factors in defections that are in play that most on here let their disdain for Moser cloud.

I don't really care for his offense and I'm a "sets" guy.

for me its just mainly because I think you can isolate your best players easier and put them in position to be successful but that is just my own personal preference.

I'm totally on board with firing him next year without a tournament appearance though.

This.

A lot of people blast these kids for transferring for better opportunities, and blame the players and the system, but it's the same "system" every one of us mingles in and takes advantage of in our places of work. Or leisure. Not only would I leave my place of employment for a better offer, but I would also change gyms, car dealers, ISPs, lawn care, etc., if I got a better deal that fits with my goals or needs.

Not every employee leaves a company because they are disgruntled with their boss- sometimes it's for a better fit. And not every transfer is due to a problem with Moser.
The problem is this is sports. It’s not sustainable

Isn’t pop Isaac’s the guy involved in the sexual assult allegations? What does he have to do with Uzan?

Isn’t pop Isaac’s the guy involved in the sexual assult allegations? What does he have to do with Uzan?
Practically best friends or close friends, grew up in Vegas together. Believe they played on same AAU team.

Speculation was Los would transfer to Tech. But If Isaacs is leaving that might scrap those plans.

Teammates young sister. I think she was of age but idk for sure.

Pops family has some health issues. Bigger the NIL the better I was told.

Los and pop are Vegas boys.
Bigger the nil the better, wtf! Isn't that all these greedy beesterds?

But wouldn’t you trade jobs for 2-3x the salary or 100x more from a small school to powerhouse?

Can’t fault them. Hate it for ncaa basketball.

It’ll get regulated some I hope. I don’t care about the money. 2-3-4x transfers I hate.
Congress has to do it and that will take years most likely. And when it happens nobody is really gonna like it that much. It'll probably really screw over the players.

I think ncaa can limit # of transfers
Don't think they can limit # of transfers, but I would think, until courts rule on amateur or student-athletes status(i.e. CBA), they can put in rules impacting eligibility on transfer.

That is what really created this mess in the first place- unlimited penalty-free transfers- not NIL.

They are getting beat in court on NIL.
And transfers

The rules surrounding multi-time transfers have been in focus since seven states filed suit in federal court on Dec. 7 to challenge the NCAA’s transfer eligibility rule as an illegal restraint on college athletes under the Sherman Antitrust Act. The NCAA, which has allowed a one-time, penalty-free transfer since 2021, still required multi-time transfers to sit out a year and forgo one season of eligibility, sans a waiver.
On Dec. 14, a federal judge in West Virginia granted a 14-day temporary restraining order (TRO) that allowed immediate eligibility for multi-time transfers. Two days later, the NCAA reached an agreement that would convert the TRO to a preliminary injunction through the end of the spring sports period.

Back