MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Honestly.....I feel like MOST guys transferring out (I'm talking everywhere...not just OU) but MOST are leaving for $$$$$$$$ and little else. I bet most of the guys leaving OU like Moser but their loyalty is way more to money. LOL

I'll tell you this.....I really like where I work right now but if someone offered my $100k to go somewhere else I'm likely out......I would do unforgivable things for $100k extra. LOL

Honestly.....I feel like MOST guys transferring out (I'm talking everywhere...not just OU) but MOST are leaving for $$$$$$$$ and little else. I bet most of the guys leaving OU like Moser but their loyalty is way more to money. LOL

I'll tell you this.....I really like where I work right now but if someone offered my $100k to go somewhere else I'm likely out......I would do unforgivable things for $100k extra. LOL
I don’t disagree about the money but what evidence or reason do you have for thinking guys like Moser?

This.

A lot of people blast these kids for transferring for better opportunities, and blame the players and the system, but it's the same "system" every one of us mingles in and takes advantage of in our places of work. Or leisure. Not only would I leave my place of employment for a better offer, but I would also change gyms, car dealers, ISPs, lawn care, etc., if I got a better deal that fits with my goals or needs.

Not every employee leaves a company because they are disgruntled with their boss- sometimes it's for a better fit. And not every transfer is due to a problem with Moser.

We need better athletes than Hugley. He can be a good stretch 4/5 for someone in situations. But OU needs bigs that can defend and rebound.

Good riddance to Hughley, he sucks anyway
This seems oddly hostile for a backup C transferring that was at least a solid contributor. Was he good? I wouldn’t go that far, but he certainly wasn’t bad. The team missed him when he got hurt. I think it’s okay to acknowledge he wasn’t a fit or quite the caliber of player we hoped without dragging the dude

A healthy Hugley is a fine big man. Problem is he can’t stay healthy.

This seems oddly hostile for a backup C transferring that was at least a solid contributor. Was he good? I wouldn’t go that far, but he certainly wasn’t bad. The team missed him when he got hurt. I think it’s okay to acknowledge he wasn’t a fit or quite the caliber of player we hoped without dragging the dude
I am sorry but any Sooner who transfers is not a real Sooner and good riddance to any Sooner that transfers

or in the proper conditioning, which exacerbates the health issues.

I feel the lack of conditioning, and lack of strength and stamina, led to a lot of his foul problems and lack of desire to play tougher inside. It was too much work for him.

A healthy and well-conditioned John Hugley could be an EXTREMELY tough matchup for a power 4 or 5 position.

He’s no good. Averaged 3 rebounds. Needs to take Northweather with him.

Northweather at least acts like he cares tho. He just isn’t good enough. Dumb ass Porter sees a future in him.

I don’t disagree about the money but what evidence or reason do you have for thinking guys like Moser?
1. Same evidence you have that guys DONT like Moser......none....just partly assumptions and part conjecture.

2. Reading posts of guys saying they spoke to/interviewed guys who say guys DO like him

3. Info from guys who know people within the program.

Northweather needs to get better, but I've seen enough from him to think he is a good developmental guy. Yaya looks lost against walk-ons.
He’s bad. He cant guard or rebound . He cant guard his position and for sure is barbecue chicken on a switch. Moore and Hughley shot better from 3 than him.

1. Same evidence you have that guys DONT like Moser......none....just partly assumptions and part conjecture.

2. Reading posts of guys saying they spoke to/interviewed guys who say guys DO like him

3. Info from guys who know people within the program.
I don’t recall saying that players don’t like him. I think players don’t like missing the tournament and I don’t think his style would be fun to play, and I don’t like him as a coach, but I don’t remember posting anything along the lines of “players dislike Moser.”

This.

A lot of people blast these kids for transferring for better opportunities, and blame the players and the system, but it's the same "system" every one of us mingles in and takes advantage of in our places of work. Or leisure. Not only would I leave my place of employment for a better offer, but I would also change gyms, car dealers, ISPs, lawn care, etc., if I got a better deal that fits with my goals or needs.

Not every employee leaves a company because they are disgruntled with their boss- sometimes it's for a better fit. And not every transfer is due to a problem with Moser.
To counter that, I had taken a few pay raises before my latest gig. I got offered remote work where I could spend more time with my wife and kid so I took it, with a pay cut.

But we have to remember, these are 18-22 year olds... Money talks. Heck I'd go play for Texas for an extra 100k at that age. (this age too but I'd only be good for 3-5 mins a game now and be a minus for sure)

He’s no good. Averaged 3 rebounds. Needs to take Northweather with him.

Northweather at least acts like he cares tho. He just isn’t good enough. Dumb ass Porter sees a future in him.
Fourth leading rebounder on team averaging 3.8 RPG and everyone in front of him (Moore, Godwin, Waldo) played more minutes.

Didn't fit what we needed? probably. Not in great condition? Absolutely. Injury prone? yep. But saying he's "no good" is a HUGE stretch.

He’s bad. He cant guard or rebound . He cant guard his position and for sure is barbecue chicken on a switch. Moore and Hughley shot better from 3 than him.
Luke was second on the team behind Oweh in DBPM. He was more than fine within the structure of the team defense, and held his own and blocked guards multiple times on the switch.

How much did we pay Hugley to show up and never get in shape?
If he can get more to go somewhere else and show up out of shape then good luck and God bless.

Back